think i need a new tranny? i can't really decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think i need a new tranny? i can't really decide

not sure if this is in the right section... just thought i would show off some pictures of the object formerly known as my transmission:

when its still on the car, we knew it was gonna be bad:

ever wonder what the inside of your tranny looks like??

these are the pieces of the tranny that were so broke they didn't even wanna come off the car:

and all the loose pieces:

DAMN!!! how the hell did the happen?

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

being an idiot... i learnt a very valuable lesson: 13 year old stock hondas are NOT race cars... anyways planning on doing a DIY for the tranny install... maybe the clutch and flywheel too... anyone in maryland wanna help? my dad and me are equally clueless as to what is going on, but i learned SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much about cars. knowledge that you can only gain from getting down and dirty. the hardest part was removing the axles and transition shaft cuz since the tranny was soooo fucked up it had warped the cv joints. so remember boys and girls: your 13 yo honda IS NOT A RACE CAR!!
      Last edited by flacopower; 04-07-2005, 01:46 AM.

Comment

i think you still can use it!!!

a DIY would be nice, let us know.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

but why did the tranny just crack like that? iw ould understnad a boosted block but a tranny?

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
          Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
          So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

HOLY SH*T!!!! That has to be the worst tranny trauma I think I have ever seen......WOW!!!!
            1991 Honda Accord Ex
            Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
            Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Didn't we just talk about that last week
              Originally posted by flacopower
              being an idiot... i learnt a very valuable lesson: 13 year old stock hondas are NOT race cars... anyways planning on doing a DIY for the tranny install... maybe the clutch and flywheel too... anyone in maryland wanna help? my dad and me are equally clueless as to what is going on, but i learned SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much about cars. knowledge that you can only gain from getting down and dirty. the hardest part was removing the axles and transition shaft cuz since the tranny was soooo fucked up it had warped the cv joints. so remember boys and girls: your 13 yo honda IS NOT A RACE CAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by howard20653
                Didn't we just talk about that last week
                haha i know right! trust me my parents told me this at least three times a DAY before i blew my tranny, so i can only imagine how bad its gonna be now... had to take out a 2000 dollar loan... so now i am wondering what all i should to to my car. do you guys think that i will be able to buy just an axle spring pin? or do you think that i will have to buy an entire axle?

Comment

Originally posted by flacopower
                  haha i know right! trust me my parents told me this at least three times a DAY before i blew my tranny, so i can only imagine how bad its gonna be now... had to take out a 2000 dollar loan... so now i am wondering what all i should to to my car. do you guys think that i will be able to buy just an axle spring pin? or do you think that i will have to buy an entire axle?

holy s*** thats bad and buy the whole axle for safety

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                  bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

damn. the little parts i broke are gonna end up costing more than the fucking transmission!!

Comment

I've never seen a stock honda tranny on a stock car blow to heck like that.
                      ~~~~~~~

Comment

$2000? Dude, I'll sell you my tranny and an axle for way less than that!
                        -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
                          $2000? Dude, I'll sell you my tranny and an axle for way less than that!
                          $2k will buy him a good ACT flywheel, clutch, axles and tranny (yours if he takes you up on the offer )
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

OK man i have to ask how you do it i know you were racing but that tranny is shot what gear did you slame it in or think you were going in.

Comment

well actually i was doing trey slides... you put trays under your back wheels, lock up your ebrake and then spin around in circles... i was in first the whole time, didn't think anything was gonna happen to it...

Comment

Working...
                              X