Clear All

• ca93accord
    replied
    Grumpys93,
    i appreciate your response.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    It shouldn’t hurt anything, but if you want to do it the proper way and ensure it is completely done I would remove the IM and remove the plugs and clean it. If you do that might as well just got ahead and replace all the gaskets while your in there.

Leave a comment:

• ca93accord
    started a topic Surging RPM and Post Repair/Reinstallation Concern

Surging RPM and Post Repair/Reinstallation Concern

Hello CB7 Family,
    i recently tackled the fix for my surging RPM. I have read a lot how to fix; reference this thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206012. Thanks for everyone's past comments and knowledge from your CB7 experience.

I am almost done and i was about to put everything back together BUT I decided to replace the hoses to IACV and FITV to ensure no leaks from those little hoses. To gain more access to replace the hoses, i removed the EGR.

HERE IS MY CONCERN: The EGR port was filthy, which is common. I sprayed some carburetor cleaner down the two ports where the EGR sat. The next morning there was a lot of dried up black debri (carbon). Needless to say, i dug most of the carbon out BUT--
    1. Will the other loose and/or hard to reach carbon in the ports near the EGR port cause damage to my engine if i start the engine to finish my surge repair?
    2. Should i remove the TB and IT Manifold and clean them?

I am just a medium skilled car mechanic and i just dont want to remove anything and re-install it to cause more problems. lol
Working...
X