Intake install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake install question

i put my intake in a few days ago and the very little small hole near where it hooks to the manifold, there was a very thin rubber strip running from there to the otherside of the manifold...i was wondering if that was important, because it wouldnt stretch far enough to fit on my new intake's hole and when i stretched it, it ripped so now theres jus a hole on my intake and a open hole on the other side of the intake...o by the way i drive a 90 4dr ex accord...if any1 can help me or tell me what that is or whether or not i should worry and get a new strip of rubber

hmm not sure what you mean got a pic or something, is it a gasket? as long as all the lines from your throttle body are hooked up its good.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
      bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

umm forget it dude it just a old seal from stock intake
        fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

You must be talking about a vacuum line? Try to get us a pic or just a pic of the IM and highlight the area's that you're talking about. Also, does your car have a small black canister sitting right next to the battery? Is that your problem? I know the 92/93 EX had that black canister but wasn't sure about yours.

Comment

aight yea ill try and get a pic up tom or something...i mean its a really small hole i cant see it being thatttt important

Comment

hey man...is it up near the TB or is it more near the dizzy?!...the one nearer to the TB is less important and just needs to be plugged. but the one over by the Dist has some function i cant remember right now...i just got my car back after a year of seperation and i put in 5 hours of hard time....get some pics and well diag. this super quickly...

Comment

yea its the one near the TB ...a guy at where i got an oil change told me it was something that ran to my egr and that it should prolly be replaced

Comment

yeah man vacum lines are important just one that hooked up wrong can through the check engine light, honda wouldnt put em thier if they didnt have a reason. go to autzone and get some of the smae size tubing tahts a bit longer and install it.
                  ]

Comment

Working...
                  X