white smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white smoke

Ok don't flame on me for asking this............and yes ive searched and found multiple answers. Ok so here's the deal i just recently bought a new cb7 (93 dx) and today i go to start it up after 3 days of sitting and notice white smoke coming from the exhaust and after about a minute it stopped. Just wondering what the problem most likely is. Can't be a blown head gasket because i drove the car for 5 hours straight and it ran well for me. Could it be seals that need replacement?

Your help will be much apprectiated! thanks
    Last edited by That1guyN8; 04-28-2005, 07:02 PM. Reason: title change

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

if it helps a new cat was put on and the oil was just changed before i picked it. Maybe the wrong oil was used?

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

thanks!

Midwest car club

Current rides:
      91 accord lx (5spd)
      92 accord lx (5spd)
      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Mine started smoking a little bit at wot after I got work done on my car nearly a year ago. I had my intake manifold put on by this shady ass shop. I'm thinking that maybe coolant is leaking from the passage close the manifold.... either that or they screwed something up because it never happened before that. What do you think fizzbob?

Comment

Well it still does it even now so I'm not sure. It was really bad at first because I think some of it leaked and needed to burn off, but it still does it sometimes. It only does it sometimes though... not all the time.

Comment

could be... mine smokes blueish blackish colored smoke, i know it is oil cause i go through about a quart every 2 weeks.... and the engine has 236k on it so i am guessing that is y... but anyways, i am dropping my F22a4 block in it (has the same in it right now) soon and it is a good engine with 62.5k on it... so ya, could be a number of things, but keep an eye out, could be moisture could be something else, moniter your stuff....

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

spark plugs. change it to the NGK v power and then try see..
              hahahahah

Comment

Yeah, my burns a little oil, but when the car smokes its a real white color not blue looking at all so I don't get it. If I have to put in a new engine this summer it's no big deal. F22a engines are cheap and easy to find just like hookers.

Comment

Working...
                X