Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EX muffler install onto an LX

I searched with no results:

Can the 90 EX muffler be installed on an LX? My midas muffler is starting to slowly wear out, I can hear an exhaust leak. I can get the oem EX muffler for about $150 and installation about $50.

How about those universal APC mufflers? They are pretty cheap.

Thanks

yeah it can be put on

Comment

or you can buy the OEM EX muffler for the $150 and install it yourself, save yourself $50. Did you know that if you buy an OEM muffler it comes with a lifetime warranty....thats right, if it ever rusts or wears out, you get a new one under warranty.
      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        then why don't they warranty the stock one?
        honestly, I have no idea....I'm just going on what one of the parts dept guys told me.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

I just got an OEM EX axleback on 4-15 and the guy at Honda Barn said I had to be the original owner to have that lifetime warranty! So I didn't get the warranty on that. Total came to about $165 or so and installed it myself. Love the quality.

Dan

Comment

So you gotta buy the EX muffler from the dealer to get the warranty?

Comment

hmmmm.....not really sure, I'll find out the details when I go back to work on tuesday.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

I heard that muffler thing before myself, but there are usually loopholes to these things, and as he said you may need to be the original owner.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

^Yeah, that's right. He told me I HAD to be the orig. owner OR I had to know the original owner. Didn't really understand why they couldn't give the non-orig. owner a warranty too. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                  X