no fuel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no fuel?

i need help with my engine... i just swapped a jdm f22b into my 90 accord. now it hesitates and its because cylinder 1 isnt getting any fuel.. it gets spark and i did a resistance test on the injector, it is working fine... i just replaced plugs and wires. i just dont understand why the cylinder isnt getting fuel. while the engine is running i unclip the clip to the injector and the idle is unaffected.is it the wiring or the clips? please help ...thanks jay

Clogged injector?
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Are you throwing any CELs?

Comment

i swapped another injector in and same problem, nothing changed..i even put in some injector cleaner... i took the wire and plug out of the problem cylinder, started the motor and touched it to something metal to check the spark. its the usdm fuel rail w/ the jdm dohc fpr...could that have any influence over it? i think it could be the wiring but im still unsure what my problem is... hopefully somebody can help out thanks jay

Comment

i just bought brand new msd super conductor wires and new plugs...when i say bad wiring im talking about the wiring on the harness which is on the clip that goes onto the injector... when i unplug the clip from the injector (while motor is running) no change whatsoever to the idle. its like the clip is doing nothing...i swapped the injector over to another cylinder and it works fine... only cylinder 1 is giving me a headache haha somebody please give me an answer. thanks

Comment

im going to try to use some injector cleaner, but will it still work if i just put $11 worth of gas in my tank? just wondering if it had to be used while my tank was empty. thanks

Comment

Is it possible that maybe the fuel rail is clogged just at that one cylinder? Also, you swapped the injector you thought was bad to another cylinder, and it worked so your problem has to be the wiring to that clip. Get a multimeter and check the resistance on all the wires between that injector clip and the harness it plugs into, and work your way back until you find the bad wire. Is there a way to test it when it should be firing? Then you can tell if its getting signal...

Not trying to be a dick, but I don't see how unplugging a fuel injector that isn't working is going to change your idle... its already not firing!

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
              We got something to say!
              Police this, condemn this, damn this
              We'll be heard anyway!
              Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

ill try doing a resistance test on the wires... and if unplugging it affects the idle then its working, so if the idle dont change then thats how you kno the injector isnt flowing fuel...
                could compression cause any problem? maybe ill compression test it again
                Last edited by PriMal Cb7; 05-11-2005, 12:08 PM. Reason: didnt finish before posting

Comment

put the car on idle, take a screwdriver, place it against the injector. Put your ear on the end of the screwdriver. You should hear intermittent clicking, that means the inkector is working. Do this to all of them. That's how I figured out which injector wasn't working.
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

can i throw in a bottle of injector cleaner even if the tank is not empty? will it still work?

Comment

the tank is suppose to be full. But the only reason they want you to have a full tank is so that the cleaner runs through the system longer. It doens't matter. Put a hlaf a tank in and you'll be fine.
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                      X