Difference b/w Accord EX & EX-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference b/w Accord EX & EX-R

What is the differences between the accord ex and ex-r?

EX-R is what we call EX Accords in Canada.

USA/CANADA

DX = LX
    LX = EX
    EX = EX-R

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

exr has more horse power , like 234whp stock. and it eats up american hondas like ice cream..

Comment

Originally posted by Crayola-r
        exr has more horse power , like 234whp stock. and it eats up american hondas like ice cream..
        LOL!!

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

USA>Canada
          H Twenty Twizzle

Comment

in canada we have both EX's and Ex-r's Exr's are more common, i also believe the -R signifies sunroof but i could be easily wrong about that.
            ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Ex's have sunroofs too.....W3RD! I do know for a fact that EXR's come from Canada.
              1991 Honda Accord Ex
              Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
              Totoro Squad #2

Comment

I have an ex-r and i am in canada, all it comes with is sunroof air conditioning(dont work tho) and cruise with the tan interior, i belive from what i have seen but i aint 100% sure the ex-r's come with the tan interior and the ex doesnt?
                icedoutaccord
                f22a4
                aem short ram
                2.5" exaust
                suspension techniques springs

Comment

shiet my bad... shouldve been more specific. i meant like performance wise like if it had more horsepower or stiffer suspension or thicker sway bars maybe some exterior differences. although i didnt know that the exr is the ex there. i thought it was just a level above ex.

Comment

ex'rs are canadian? so you mean to tell me that they were'nt manufactured in the us/japan and there's a factory up there? otherwise they're the same as everybody else's cb7 besides an r

Comment

They are the Canadian version of the US EX. That's it. They're manufactured by both Honda of America and Honda of Japan. All their insturmentation is in the Metric system also.
                      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by SenseiAccord
                        shiet my bad... shouldve been more specific. i meant like performance wise like if it had more horsepower or stiffer suspension or thicker sway bars maybe some exterior differences. although i didnt know that the exr is the ex there. i thought it was just a level above ex.
                        Is our(usa) EX, So what ever we have on our ex thats on the ex-r. Like sunroof. A4 or A6 engine depending on which year.

Comment

the EXR comes with the F22a3 and got 150hp.
                          the ecu is a pt4.
                          if you read the vin number(or whats its called) it will be identified as a DX and not as EX.
                          it got everything what the US EX has and even more.
                          Last edited by patrik.johnson; 06-14-2005, 05:58 PM.
                          im swidish and i have a EDM Accord EX(R) with the F22A3(150hp) engine.

Comment

Originally posted by patrik.johnson
                            the EXR comes with the F22a3 and got 150hp.
                            the ecu is a pt4.
                            it got everything what the US EX has and more.
                            but in ur profile it says u have an 'EDM' which i am assuming is European Domestic Motors... not canadian. u guys have much better stuff in imports than we have (america)

Comment

Yes, for the most part U.S. EX's and Canadian EX-R's are the same thing. They are assembled in the same assemblly plants, equipped the same, just destined for different locations.

Also, I've always been curious about this, whats with all the little insignificant differences between the two....and this goes for all Hondas. i.e. the different model badging designations (DX, LX, EX, EX-R) the fact that the brake light in U.S. cars is "BRAKE" and Canadian cars its "(!)(P)"...there are more but I can't think of right now. I understand obvious items like DRL's which I believe are required in Canada and KMPH vs MPH, but the little things that could be the same, I mean, whats up with that? Why not just keep it simple and make them all the same? I don't know, just always wondered about that.
                              Last edited by mrhonda; 06-14-2005, 11:12 PM.
                              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Working...
                              X