United by Napa.. Is it worth the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United by Napa.. Is it worth the money?

Newbie here in need of advise. 92 accord LX, I would like to do a full brake job rotors, drums, pads and shoes. Napa has an affordable brand called United. Has anyone had any luck with these? Are they worth the money or should I go with someone else? (Stock parts at Honda cost a fortune!)

Please help!

you should be fine with aftermarket stuff. i only limit myself to OEM parts because yes they do cost a fortune. try to get parts with lifetime warranties. OEM parts never have that! my axles and brake master cylinder are all lifetime warrantied by autozone using aftermarket parts. that means if they break under whatever condition, i can replace them for FREE. they all work nicely!

that's just the parts though. labor is another thing, but i work on my car myself so that's never an issue anymore. good luck sir and welcome to cb7tuner!
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

timmyOtool,

Thanks for the info and your welcoming comments, I truley apperciate it.

SIR has an old ring to it thou, so lets steer away from that, I'm only in my late 20's.

Just messing wit ya!! lol

Comment

yeah i have napa ceramic brake pads, the mid range ones. work good!
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

if you get the loaded calipers...it pretty much is like plug and play.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Aftermarket is the way to go for most parts, its all just remanufactured OEM stuff anyways!

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
            We got something to say!
            Police this, condemn this, damn this
            We'll be heard anyway!
            Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

I got a friend whom works at Napa, he has offered me rotors, drums, pads and shoes for $290.00 If aftermarket is the way to go, I don't think I can pass this one up!!

You guys awesome thanks alot for the feedback..

Comment

Just my oppinion, but if you have to replace the rotors and drums, might as well start upgrading! First off I highly recommend you ditch your hub over rotor design and save yourself the headache (and wallet) in the future. Second, if you want, swap in some rear disc brakes. Check the DIY section for some seriously good info.

We got something to say!
                We'll be heard anyway!
                Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Originally posted by evol90accord
                  Just my oppinion, but if you have to replace the rotors and drums, might as well start upgrading! First off I highly recommend you ditch your hub over rotor design and save yourself the headache (and wallet) in the future. Second, if you want, swap in some rear disc brakes. Check the DIY section for some seriously good info.
                  that is good if you consider changing 3-4 rotors in the next life time.
                  personally, i wouldnt think my car would last that long.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    that is good if you consider changing 3-4 rotors in the next life time.
                    personally, i wouldnt think my car would last that long.
                    for some people I can understand that. I've invested too much time and money into my car, so I did it because I expect to be keeping it for a LOOOOOONG time. Might actually give it to my kid... Seriously tho, its an AZ car so I don't have to worry about it rusting out from under me like a lot of other people do. Just a consideration is all...

We got something to say!
                    We'll be heard anyway!

Comment

Napa parts are really good actually. On Wednesday night I installed a full set of Napa TruStop rear disk brake pads on my 93 EX and they're really nice. They were the cheapest I could get at 17.99 b/c I needed an instant solution. Eventually I'll be changing all the rotors, so these pads worked out great for the time being and they stop well!

Just like evol90accord said, def. convert to rotor over hub! Good luck!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Thule
                        Newbie here in need of advise. 92 accord LX, I would like to do a full brake job rotors, drums, pads and shoes. Napa has an affordable brand called United. Has anyone had any luck with these? Are they worth the money or should I go with someone else? (Stock parts at Honda cost a fortune!)

Please help!
                        I just found this thread so sorry if it is late. I used to work for Napa as a driver and retail sales for 3 1/2 years (talked to alot of mechanics we delivered to). United Brakes are good but the rotors I don't think they are worth the money to be honest there tru-stop rotors are the best and cheaper. I used the tru stop rotors, calipers, hoses, and united severe duty pads on my old chevy for 3 years till I the tranny died.( I have a lead foot)
                        Basically tru stop is a good brand napa has but I would recomend the united pads. Well hope this helps someone who needs brakes and trying to save some cash.

Comment

On rotors cause they're pressed on in our cars, it's usually worth spending money on quality ones that you know are true (and will stay true), cause you dont want to be messing around with fixing pulsation. Brembo rotors are worth the extra money, and of all the parts your replacing, its the one thats worth spending some $$. I made the mistake of buying "cheap" rotors and I needed another brake job after 1 year. Another solution is buying cheap rotors and getting them machined (turned) before you install them!! I've seen many cheap rotors warped right from the factory. Just my 2 cents.

Aaron

Comment

Working...
                          X