h22 feels like its struggling ever since the swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 feels like its struggling ever since the swap

When i start the car (15 or more minutes after i've been driving it) give it thirty seconds to throw some oil, then when i take off at about 2k rpm the motor loses power BAD and then strugles to get to 3k rpm(back fires, just sounds horrible) after 3k rpm it smoothes out. I've sat there and slowly gave the engine gas, then when it got to 2k rpms it would lose power, back fires and sounds like crap still applying more gas the engine jump to 4k rpm sounding normal and then goes away after 30-40 seconds, but all the time i drive the car it feels like it struggles (like nodding your head back and forth slightly) as i go through the gear to 5k rpm. wtf distributor, injectors, wire harness.
    when i got the motor i put the following new parts on: dist. cap, rotor, wires, plugs even changed the fuel filter still aint helping. i sat next to the guy and watched him take the harness out of convoluted tubing and explain to me why he was adding and subtrating wires out of the harness.
    so if you got any ideas on what is causing this, POST'EM.

did the mechanic check the timing ?? or even replace the timing belt ???
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

it sounds like its out of timing
      92 accord dx....traded
      97 accord ex....traded
      93 civic si ....stolen
      96 tercel ....sold
      97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
      97 civic 4door b16 sold
      04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

check the timing and everything, but what plugs did you use? I put some in there, and they did that. There are only certain plugs that the engine likes.

Comment

i spented $650 on oem honda parts (timing belt, balancing belt, auto tensinor, water pump, and all seals) oh yeah i lined up the teeth on the timing, triple check it cause i am on drugs and paranoid. NGK-R

Comment

check the plugs, are they firing normally?

and then again, since its been doing the entire life of your swap, maybe the mechanic messed up the harness.

Comment

all right then

Comment

my car did the same thing when the cam timing got retarded back a couple degrees...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

im curious as to what this "mechanic" needed to "subtract" from the wiring harness..

i did the wiring on my swap and didnt need to subtract a damn thing..

Comment

Working...
                  X