Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking at buying a 92 accord what should i look for??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all right everyone... sorry im gettin back to you all so late but i looked at the car today...i just got back a few hours ago...heres the info i collected tell me whethr you think its still a good idea...well he was out today driving it around a few hours before i came and looked at it and he blew a spark plug on it...next is when i got there he took off the rims and all changed the stereo and stuff like that...i couldnt really see under the car cuz it was so low with the body kit and all and he said that he added some oil today before he took it out...the motor was rocking a lot when he started it up for me it was really hot when he lifted the hood...might have been over heating??? i could test drive it cuz it wasnt really driveable with one spark plug not working right...he droped the price 800 bucks...and it also need new brakes now cuz its been sitting alittle in his driveway...so there a little rusty...the back light is falling off and the paint job is real half a$$ should i say..cuz in the door jams werent done and the whole job was just quick...what do you all think...

Comment

Sounds like a hackjob.

There are plenty of more out there. Just have to keep looking. Chances are you'll find one way better then this one for the same price.

Comment

yeah..thats what i was thinking..i dont want to get it and then have problems right away...im gonna keep looking...id really like to get one stock and start from there so i know what was put on and then i know it was taken care of and all...thanks just wanted to have another person imput...

Comment

My 2 cents.... pass . Shop around and save your money for "the Car" you want. dont buy an a/t if you want a stick. Do you want a 2 door ? Then dont settle for a four door. I have always shyed away from cars that have been 1/2 assed done. Chances are the seller knows that the car has more problems the he wants to deal with, or tell you about. No biggie your still a "pup" no offense , so take your time shop around trust me nothing is worse then buying an ok car, then finding what you want and not having the cash to buy it.

Comment

yeah i agree with you..when i saw it in the pic it looked realy nice...when i got there it looked like a totally different car... im probably gonna buy a stock 90- 93 EX...start from stock and make it the way i want it to be... summer just started and i got a lot of work in head of me..so by the end of the summer i shall have at least the car i want...maybe not all the parts but that will come soon...thanks for all the help everyone...i would have been pretty pissed if i got a car and it was giving me problems right away...

Comment

Where are you located at?

I found a 92 cb7 2 door 5 speed for sale around Chicago. I might go pick it up and put some work into it

Comment

nice...yeah im keeping my eyes open...nothing yet...

Comment

Did you miss my last post?

Comment

Don't buy the auto!!!!! you WILL get sick of it after a few weeks, and you lose the art of driving!!!
                    Just My 1997 Accord, My 1989 Lincoln Towncar, and Me

Comment

well, i got into the cb7 cuz over time it just grew on me, selling would mean nothing more than a few k. but it was my 1st car ever from my folks, it was auto so what.. ( i came across a 3rd gen cord, bought it, 5 speed, learnt, tried, experienced it).
                      but, take ur time, i understand that feeling of shopping for THAT car. now im in love w/ my cb7 and damned glad i didn't sell it.. i am not an ACTIVE TUNER in the sense, that i don't go tracks religiously to run, or auto cross, but i want something that'll be fun and cruise.. etc etc.

i do it cuz of the enjoyment, and desire to learn and try.. my ultimate goal would be to do an engine swap.. maybe h22a auto, or 5 speed, i really d k, life takes a toll on you and etc.. so its good u started early.. i didn't realize till late. i don't think i'd regret making it into an auto though...

but some tips aside form the usual
                      -ck for rust, in the trunk lift the carpets
                      -look for difference in paint, might indicate accident
                      -more than avg. look at the person selling the car, it can TELL A LOT bought the car and what its been through.
                      -ck belts to see if changed, it can indicate if this person cared or not.

good luck.. stay safe..
                      hahahahah

Comment

def take it for a ride, in city and if possible on highway. look at mileage, body condition, interior, why they are selling it, and check for any leaks, smells, or funny noises lol
                        My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                        X