Removing the cam cover......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing the cam cover......

There are two bolts holding the cam cover right? I got one off but the other one is just in a tight space, what tool did u use to get it off?? I'm doing a valve adjustment to look at the cam

thx
    -Henry

Great achievements result from great effort

Yeah there are two on each side of the honda 16 valve badge and there are two more between the spark plug wires.

Comment

no I mean the CAM cover, covering the timing belt and the cam, can't reach the last bolt..

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

i don't wanna sound like a dick, but if you are having trouble taking the valve cover off, maybe you shouldn't do a valve adjustment. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
          i don't wanna sound like a dick, but if you are having trouble taking the valve cover off, maybe you shouldn't do a valve adjustment. later.
          At first I thought he was talking about the valve cover, but it's easy to get to, but he's refering to the plastic cover that covers the cam gear, and the small nuts that hold it on can be a tight squeeze.

Henry, good luck and I hope you think of something to get down there! I haven't had mine off yet, so I can't help out a whole lot

Dan

Comment

wow.. people should really try READING before giving awesome advice..

just use a 10mm box end wrench to get it off.. just be patient.. i recently did a valve adjustment too and it took quite a while just to get off those bolts..

Comment

Ooooo, my bad man. I read the first reply and thought you were asking about the valve cover. In that case, you can do what Juice said. You need the 10mm wrench not the socket. After a few turns you can remove it with by hand.

Comment

Working...
              X