cyl #3 not fireing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cyl #3 not fireing?

90 ex all stock. the car ran rough when i bought it so i did a tune up new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, air filter, and oil change and it still runs bad. when i was changeing the plugs one was fouled out #3 and ive put 2 more plugs in and they are soaked in gas after a few min. if i pull the #3 plug wire the car doesnt run any different and it has spark. any ideas, maybe the dist. or coil?

Probably the connection at the distributor for that one cylinder. Spray out the spark plug connection on the distributor with brake cleaner and then blast it with compressed air. Also try letting the gas thats in that cylinder dry or vacuum it out or somethin. And are you sure you have the spark plug wires going to the correct cylinder? Double check on another honda.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

it has a good contact and the wires are on right. i dont get it i guess im going to have to take it to the dealer.

Comment

do a compression check

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

maybe your #3 injector is stuck wide open....which will cause the engine (or cylinder #3 to be flooded....creating a fouled plug....
          1991 Honda Accord Ex
          Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
          Totoro Squad #2

Comment

do the compression check, sounds like a burned valve, thats what happened to mine last summer, put something in tank that I shouldn't have, burned the top right off, thats why I dropped in the f22A1
            Last edited by doughboy415; 08-11-2005, 05:54 PM.
            BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Working...
            X