Engine list for the CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine list for the CB7

For all you new guys heres a complete engine list for the Honda Accord and Prelude platform.

I got this off Wikipedia.org

Honda's F22 Engines are constructed using solid forged iron blocks and aluminum composite Heads that house the camshaft(s). Composite aluminum heads consist of a more purified material to what the rims are made of on these models. 2.2 liter steel engines in these models are a stark contrast to Honda's later predecessors (H22 series etc.) which use full composite aluminum blocks and heads. All series feature 4 valves per cylinder x 4 cylinders = 16 valves.

The benefit to using steel blocks are greater heat tolerance for turbos and reduced wear characteristics on the cylinder walls due to iron being denser. The benefit to using composite aluminum blocks is cooler engine temperature, significantly reduced weight, and better metallic bonding.

Below is a listing of Generation 4 Honda Accord and Generation 3 Honda Prelude F22 Type engines.

F22A1: 1990-1993 Accord, 2.2 liter (2156 cm³), MPFI fuel system, 125 hp (93 kW) @ 5200 rpm, 137 lbf·ft (186 N·m) @ 4000 rpm, 8.8:1 compression, oil pressure 50 psi (340 kPa) @ 3000 rpm.

F22A4: 1990-1991 Accord, 2.2 liter (2156 cm³), MPFI fuel system, 130 hp (97 kW) @ 5200 rpm, 142 lbf·ft (193 N·m) @ 4000 rpm, 8.8:1 compression, oil pressure 50 psi (340 kPa) @ 3000 rpm.

F22A6: 1990-1993 Accord, 2.2 liter (2156 cm³), MPFI fuel system, 140 hp (104 kW) @ 5600 rpm, 142 lbf·ft (193 N·m) @ 4500 rpm, 8.8:1 compression, oil pressure 50 psi (340 kPa) @ 3000 rpm.

All listed above are Single Overhead Camshaft [NON-VTEC] controlling intake and exhaust, for the most part having interchangeable parts

F22B1 1994- VTEC Accord, 2.2 liter (2156 cm³), MPFI fuel system, 145 hp (108 kW) @ 5500 rpm, 147 lbf·ft (199 N·m) @ 4500 rpm, 8.8:1 compression, oil pressure 50 psi (340 kPa) @ 3000 rpm.

F22B2 1994- Non-VTEC Lx, Dx Accord, 2.2 liter (2156 cm³), MPFI fuel system, 130 hp (97 kW) @ 5300 rpm, 139 lbf·ft (188 N·m) @ 4200 rpm, 8.8:1 compression, oil pressure 50 psi (340 kPa) @ 3000 rpm.

It was suggested that F22B2 non-VTEC's were superior builds for turbos due to the fact that they had more low end torque curves and were easier to maintain and set up with valve adjustments required less frequently.

*note* The H-series motor has been written up for the site yet , but if it does surface I will post in the tech section *note*

Can one of the Tech mods make this a sticky. Thanks

On another side note. Those of you who wonder about the B series motors can look Here
    Last edited by HenRoc; 08-24-2005, 07:44 PM.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Great Info
    Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Originally posted by Laguna7
      Great Info
      AGREED!

Midwest car club

Current rides:
      91 accord lx (5spd)
      92 accord lx (5spd)
      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

What About F22a Jdm Spec? Any One? They Also Had A Dual Runner
        Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

yeah my JDM F22a engine isnt up there!! hhaha there isnt a number after the "a" on the block! Id be impressed if u found the exact info on that!!! there is a challenge! i thnk our JDM engines have the same specs as the A6 US version...

-Sean
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

uuuhhhh....yeah, except for the fact that ALL 90+ engines including the F22's are aluminum block & head, not iron. The last iron block Honda engine was the F20A in the 89 and older Accords.
            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
              uuuhhhh....yeah, except for the fact that ALL 90+ engines including the F22's are aluminum block & head, not iron. The last iron block Honda engine was the F20A in the 89 and older Accords.
              Hahaha, I noticed that too...good luck bro. I don't think I've ever found a good info listing that's 100% correct, except the ones I put together for myself
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

OMG like most of you know im getting my feet wet with the cb7's before i get mine, i have a db1 right now though. but i didnt know the cb7's compression was soo low. the integras have a 9.2:1 compression on the ls engines, but dang, thats good, all you would need are some stronger pistons and you would be almost set to run high boost. i think im definitely doing the Frank.

what are the compression on the f22/h23, etc??
                Back up and Give me 50 feet

Comment

NICe ,nice

Comment

hmm i have heard that the h22 is about 100 pounds heavier than the f22....and its made out of aluminum...im guessing the vtec components add on the weight??

Comment

i KNOW its heavier but i dont know how much heavier, but i dont think its 100lbs more... i hope not
                      Back up and Give me 50 feet

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                        hmm i have heard that the h22 is about 100 pounds heavier than the f22....and its made out of aluminum...im guessing the vtec components add on the weight??
                        The H22 is heavier because its a twin cam. Also, like I already stated all 90+ Honda motors are all aluminum, including the F22.
                        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

i thought it was the A20A
                          -Mark-
                          CB7
                          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

A20A.

I forgot since YOU work for a Honda dealer why dont YOU do us ALL a FAVOR and get US a complete engine LIST?

Wiki did get it confused, then again anyone can do a write up on it.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Even though their info is a little off, i am glad to see wiki getting bigger and bigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X