there an option like that for us? i know my lady's civic has an
    awesome turning radius (i can pop a "U" on my street which i cant do in my
    car) does anyone know if i could use a civic rack on an accord? maybe a
    prelude or newer gen accord? again, im looking for an upgrade for a
    rack and pinion...thanks guys

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

great question, i would love to upgrade to a quick ration steering rack. awaiting answers...

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Damn, I just posted about this on the off topic "step up to the plate thread"
      I have to do more research on the mechanics of it and part numbers. I remember some thread briefly discussing it, something to the effect of NO, you can't just swap another cars rack in. But research will find the answer...
      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

well im doing this next weekend so i hope someone comes up with some answers by then...i would do some looking up myself i just dont have the time

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

I don't know a whole lot on this, but from what I have heard, the Accord racks have no other substitution. That's what I've heard, and I don't think the Preludes could donate anything, but I'm not 100%. I know there are many diff. combo's for Civics, making true manual steering easily obtainable. There's got to be something though!

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
            well im doing this next weekend so i hope someone comes up with some answers by then...i would do some looking up myself i just dont have the time
            Would you keep us updated on this arrozburner? I'd be very interested in knowing if you're
            doing it yourself .. or having a mech do it .. I've got a new R/P still in the box, and I know
            that I'm going to need it installed one day soon .. (got it off eBay for $100)

Its not OEM, it's a *Reman* instead .. but .. nonetheless .. I'd like to know what all
            is involved if you have to do it yourself .. and/or what a mech is gonna charge you
            to have it installed .. so yeah .. keep us posted on this ..please ..

A Hui Hou !!!
            Tomi
            ps .. sorry for the hijack ..lol .. but .. I've never heard of anything else fitting for our cars ..
            One would think that the prelude would .. but ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

If anything, i wouldnt swap a Prelude R/P, i would go
              with a 99-2003 Odyssey R/P. Their turning radius is off the Hook.
              Plus, arent they based off the Accord platform ?

140hp Aint Shit on A Heavy Ass Car!

Comment

what about the 95 odyssey? i figure since we're able to use there knuckles for the 5-lug swap then maybe the r/p? but im going to do this myself tomi and i want to do a DIY but i would like someone to help me take pics whle i do the work that way it wont take me too long to finish

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
                  what about the 95 odyssey? i figure since we're able to use there knuckles for the 5-lug swap then maybe the r/p? but im going to do this myself tomi and i want to do a DIY but i would like someone to help me take pics whle i do the work that way it wont take me too long to finish
                  Thats a great idea .. anyone else that can confirm whether or not the 95 OD R/P will work?
                  I dont see why it should'nt .. as a matter a fact .. didn't someone here do a thread stating
                  that the OD was built on a fourth gen (or was it a 5th gen) accord chassis?

Keep us updated with how this goes AZ ..

A Hui Hou !!!
                  Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Personally bro, I'd post this question in Accordinglydone.com or do a search there, they seem to have conversion/interchangeable parts threads, etc.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

actually i gave in and just bought an accord r/p...im installing it tomorrow and i'll try to get pipcs of installation but im not promising anything

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

well is installed and it wasnt all that hard to do...im going to give her a wash and take her out for a spin and see how she feels...difficulty, i give it a 4 out of 10 not hard just a bit time consuming

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

very time consuming bet you like taking the steering joint out huh not much room to work i ripped my rear crossmember and had to remove all of r/p crap to do it, as far as swapping r/p no there is no substitute sorry guys i looked for a month all over the net and never found shit why would you want to do away with the speed sensitive steering anyway
                          fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

surprisingly, everything was very easy...steering joint came out with a lil tugging...eveyrhting went very smoothly...i wanted to swap it out to get a better turning radius...i hate having to do a 3-point turn when other cars can do a U-turn

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

mine is leakin on my 95 accord.. u got any DIY OR ANY PICS OR things i need to take off.. does car need to be on lift.. etc.. tell me more..
                              http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

Working...
                              X