whats wrong with my A/C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats wrong with my A/C?

Well i got it charged exactly a year ago, it worked pretty well for 1-2 months or so from what i remember, then it started losing its cool. Now it never puts out much cool air at all.
    Is there one part in particular that i should look into? is it expensive. I dont reallyyyy need AC but its nice knowing i can have it on a 100+ day

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

when it was changed, was a leadown test performed ? could possibly be of the O-ring gaskets on the a/c lines that plug in/out of the compressor.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

what do you mean when was it changed? I dont think a test was done.
      How much are the rings you talk about?

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
      www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Originally posted by 97Lude
        what do you mean when was it changed? I dont think a test was done.
        How much are the rings you talk about?
        i meant to say charged
        usually, when the a/c is recharged, they do a leakdown test to make sure there are no leaks. its some type of dye they run in the a/c lines so they can see where the leak(s) are, if any.
        the O-rings are cheap, but it would require a properly draining the freon from a/c unit, removal of a/c lines to check or replace the O-rings, leakdown test, and finally, recharging the a/c.

*i paid about $150 to have this done, and was also retrofitted to R134 at the same time
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

freon is supposed to be sealed in the a/c system. if u have to recharge it then there is a leak. prolly the evaporator is leaking... most common spot.

Comment

There are many different parts/pieces that you can look into when there is something wrong with the ice.....heres a list of things to look at....

Condenser
            Evaporator
            dryer
            compresser (its not this though if your ac works)
            hoses (pipes)
            O-rings/gaskets (common problems)

There may be other pieces that aren't coming to mind right now....but im starting to think you may have a leakage problem from somewhere....you might have the leakdown test performed to see if there are any leaks....usually when they recharge the Ac, it has to be evacuated before the procedure so they can get the maximum amount of coolant into the system, this is where they usually find a leak because the system has to be "vaccuumed out" to negative pressure, and when the pressure doesn't go under 0 this means you have a leak.....also, when you had it recharged, do you know if they added oil to the system? It just may be that the system is overfilled with oil as well....also have your expansion valves looked at. Personally I would stay with R12....it has a higher freezing rate, and it blows colder than R134A...it is a bit more pricey than R134A and it cannot be purchased at autozone, but it lasts longer, and blows colder.......this is just my opinion though. Hope this works for ya.
            1991 Honda Accord Ex
            Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
            Totoro Squad #2

Comment

thinking of REDOING a/c completely. meaning new everything, is that possible??

what parts can be left over?
              hahahahah

Comment

Working...
              X