pedal sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pedal sink

I've forgotten what it means when the break pedal sinks.

sometimes it grabs just fine about half way through the stroke, other times it will only grab lightly there and sink almost to the floor before it grabs fully. Air in the lines? or just low fluid (I keep forgetting to check it)?

I have a similar problem, but it seems to be a bit different. My brakes grab just fine initially, but then the pedal will slowly sink to the floor at a stop. If I'm coming to a stop slowly, I can release the pedal and then reapply and the brakes will grab again.

No idea when the brakes were last serviced, so I'm going to flush the system, refill and see where that gets me. I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has had this problem and fixed it. I'm hoping it's not a hardware issue (master cyl., brake booster, etc.).
    1993 10th Anniversary Ed. LX - DD in progress
    2002 Subaru WRX - Track slut

Comment

Originally posted by mysta2
      I've forgotten what it means when the break pedal sinks.

sometimes it grabs just fine about half way through the stroke, other times it will only grab lightly there and sink almost to the floor before it grabs fully. Air in the lines? or just low fluid (I keep forgetting to check it)?
      same here wats up with our cars?????

I am no longer using this forum name.
      You can find me as
      jdm_inspired...
      I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

Pedal slowly sinks is a sign of a bad Brake Master Cylinder.
        I just replaced mine like 3 weeks ago, and this sunday im
        going to help Icedplaya with his...

If the Pedal hardens and its hard to power brake then thats
        a sign of a bad Brake Booster. Fortunely, those dont go that bad.

Comment

While I was flushing my clutch fluid and brakes this kind of thing happened to the clutch. I had let the fluid drop to low and it got air in. I just kept bleeding the system, but keeping the reservoir fairly high.
          Brake fluid is cheap so you could try bleeding the lines, but as said earlier it's probably the Brake Master Cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by squig808
            While I was flushing my clutch fluid and brakes this kind of thing happened to the clutch. I had let the fluid drop to low and it got air in. I just kept bleeding the system, but keeping the reservoir fairly high.
            Brake fluid is cheap so you could try bleeding the lines, but as said earlier it's probably the Brake Master Cylinder.
            most likely brake master cylinder.

def. bleed the brakes as well.
            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

hmmmm^^

sinking and sink regrabs are all sign of MC going bad. it could be air, but chances are over time if its sinking then the seals in the mc are just becoming bad.. otherwise if u had air it would've been diagnosed way b4..

oh well bleed MC, and bleed system..
              hahahahah

Comment

bad master cylinder
                The beginning of a new era............................
                165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Bad master cylinder, but bleed your brakes first before you throw down $100 at Auto Zone or Rusty Wallis Honda.
                  Last edited by ACCORDianate; 09-04-2005, 08:25 PM.
                  Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                  2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                  2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                  2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Sounds like we have a consensus. Thanks for all the replies - looks like a new brake MC is in the future for this car.
                    1993 10th Anniversary Ed. LX - DD in progress
                    2002 Subaru WRX - Track slut

Comment

i have a brake master cylinder for sale if anyone wants it
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

dude, i ave a problem with leaking fluid, but my problem is because the dumshit at just brakes must have not supported the steering knuckle and forgot to unclip the brake lines, now it has a pinhole leak in it.. freakin idiots..

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

remember folks:

all model 90-91 and DX/LX 92-93 have the same master cylinder. only ABS equipped cars have different MCs. this goes for preludes as well. if you are considering that route, the prelude non-ABS non-VTEC are the same as cb accords.

check out my thread on master cylinder options for our cars:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...aster+cylinder
                          1cor10:31
                          - 92 LX coupe
                          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
                          X