Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad can a bad O2 sensor affect performance???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Originally posted by LXaccord92
    Great harm it does to performance.... *yoda's voice*
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
      Great harm it does to performance.... *yoda's voice*
      I second that. REPLACE IMMEDIATELY.

Comment

eh, its not THAT bad, it definately makes ur car sluggish, moreso hinders your engines acceleration. baasically u run rich, and waste a lot of gas! lol i had no O2 sensor for 2 months, just cuz i was over at college and broke as fudge! LMAO! but id still drive 300 miles and only use 3/4 of a tank with no O2. now i can go 280 miles on ONLY half a tank!!!
        -Sean
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
          eh, its not THAT bad, it definately makes ur car sluggish, moreso hinders your engines acceleration. baasically u run rich, and waste a lot of gas! lol i had no O2 sensor for 2 months, just cuz i was over at college and broke as fudge! LMAO! but id still drive 300 miles and only use 3/4 of a tank with no O2. now i can go 280 miles on ONLY half a tank!!!
          -Sean
          wow! 300 miles on 3/4th of a tank? I didn't think carbon fiber hoods help that much.

Comment

Hey as far as an o2 sensor it will mess with your timing some and make youre car smell like straiht gas because the 02 doesnt know when to add more air or fuel so it goes into limp mode. Limp mode is the worse my boys civic sounds and smells like straight gas and his bumper is spittin black meaning rich get it fixed i bet his shit is drinking alot of gas for a 4 more like a 6

Comment

well check this, i have a busted downpipe so i think it is getting to much air and reading lean, white smoke, this blows, now i dont wanna drive...

Comment

anyway to ghetto rig it back together?

Comment

it can affect it pretty badly, i had a failing o2 sensor, everytime i went more than 50% throttle, it basically choked the engine.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

not till i buy my new header and 02 sensor...
                    lol..

Comment

thats weird...my car never smelled like gas i had that thing unplugged for 2 months! limp mode? nope.....thats interesting.....
                      -Sean
                      F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                      Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

My dad's 90 EX 5spd had the 02 sensor go out. Gas mileage when down to like 26 mpg on the highway, now that it's fixed it gets 33-35 mpg.

Sluggish acceleration, sometimes it'd hesitate. I first replaced the 02 sensor with a Bosch OEM type (~$65) and that went bad in 3 weeks. I then replaced with Honda OEM - NGK sensor (~$150) and it's been fine since. It's been running fine for about 10,000 miles or 5 months.

If you go OEM www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

A ServiceNews from Honda says that a "lazy" O2 sensor can cause hesitation during light acceleration. I replaced mine and I noticed an improvement. All I hear about Bosch is BAD BAD BAD!! I would buy OEM...

Comment

i'm surprised you didn't know that, or your buddies from Dynamic Performance couldn't help you. an O2 sensor, is highly essential in making a car run its best. why do you think tuners prefer the wideband O2 when dynotuning.. coz it helps obtain a proper air/fuel ratio for optimal performance gains.
                            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

It can also mess up your catalytic converter by running rich too.
                              Can't complain, it was free!

Comment

Working...
                              X