F22A6 Performance Questons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's is all I need to know!

but also...did any of the factory 93 Accords have LSD? I doubt it. But I've seen a few Accord CB style that have done dual wheel burnouts without a swap...
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Originally posted by JDM CB
      that's is all I need to know!

but also...did any of the factory 93 Accords have LSD? I doubt it. But I've seen a few Accord CB style that have done dual wheel burnouts without a swap...
      prolly by chance cuz of traction situations or they installed a LSD
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

u guys sure the rev limiter on dx/lx is 6,200?
        lol.. i slap my sisters lx 93 sedan to 6,500rpm with no problem...
        so what gives?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

My Ex has a rev limiter at 6800 that saved my engine a couple days ago when the throttle got stuck wide open!!!

Comment

My ECU is from a 93 F22A6 A/T EX coupe... 37820-PT6-A52-333-741767 stamped Mrach 16th of 1993. I can't tell you times, since I never ran her before the H22A swap. As for redlines starting, there is no such thing. The redline is a red line on a gage, that has nothing to do with the motor. The ECU is a learning machine, it will adapt to what mods you stick on your car, since the mods have an effect on the sensors. With I/H/E, high flow cat (that eventually blew the core out) and a UR SS pulley kit, my rev limiter upped in my slowmatic to 7200 RPM. The fastest she ever saw was toying with an RX-7 across the St. Pete bridge in Tampa. I told him he would kill me but he was curious how fast it would hit. He said riding along next to me that I was hitting about 142. The car had not been chipped, and was not juiced or boosted. The tranny was stock. It is possible. By the way, if you're interested in the ECU, I'll sell it.

Brad

PS-Let me add something real quickly though, the trick in seeing the top end is not to jam the throttle to the floorboard, feather the pedal back and find where it starts to accelerate again... I accomplished that speed at just over half throttle. And also, I went through 3 A/T trannies during the 2 years I had the F22A6... Oops!
            Last edited by Surfjunkie44; 01-29-2004, 03:40 AM.
            Your sponsor sucks! Member #001

Comment

How much is an LSD for the manual F22A6?

Is that ecu only for auto?
              + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

To my knowledge, yes... The PT6 atleast that I have has a seperate TCU for the A/T. You'll have to ask BustedLX about that one, he knows a bit more about ECU's than I do. I believe you can get away with using an A/T ECU with some wiring modifications, but I'm not sure.

Brad

Comment

I have a 90 lx, i swapped a 94 lx motor into it, but kept my stock lx ecu. I have no rev limiter, and no speed cut-out.

Comment

In the P06 ECU I purchased from a junkyard I had to get a M/T one and you find this out by opening cover plate & looking in specific area on the board. M/T have them slots empty and A/T have some pieces saudered in.

I assume it's the same concept for our ECUs. Just find an ECU for a M/T F22a6....92-93 EX should have them. I'm not sure if the 93 SE came in just auto or with manual.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                      In the P06 ECU I purchased from a junkyard I had to get a M/T one and you find this out by opening cover plate & looking in specific area on the board. M/T have them slots empty and A/T have some pieces saudered in.

I assume it's the same concept for our ECUs. Just find an ECU for a M/T F22a6....92-93 EX should have them. I'm not sure if the 93 SE came in just auto or with manual.
                      Actually from what I've heard... only civic/teg ECU's work that way...as far as needing a MT or AT spec ECU... it's only a couple of transistors anyways...

But we can use either a MT or AT Accord/Lude ECU because of the separate TCU...

and I know for a fact that factory Honda tachs are horribly innaccurate and give extremely false readings at high rpm's... especially ours.

So some of these accounts of 7200 rpm rev limits are possibly just plain innaccurate readings...

but it's possible that this could just further add to the whole Accord ECU fuel cut/rev limit/speed governor mystery... It seems that some just are the way they are for whatever reason... many previous attempts to figure out the exact details and the where from and why's and how's of the Accord ECU have been totally fruitless... they just are the way they are... and many attempts to figure out the Accord ECU code by people far smarter and more intimately familar with ECU coding than me have also failed or caused an insane amount of frustration...

It hides it's secrets very well...

It's a funky ECU family anyways...backwards tables and whatnot...

I love my chipped P06 with custom maps, user set rev limit and FTL... and will never return to the damn PT3 or the funky JDM P11 that came with my F20A...
                      Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 01-29-2004, 04:11 PM.
                      RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Well, looks like I've got a mystery beast ECU, shall we start the bidding at $1,000,000 USD?

Brad

Comment

Ur right, I looked back on this OBD 1 pic and it's only for p06/p28 and like ECUS, etc. It don't pertain to our Accords.

sweet info yo, thx

Originally posted by NoScreenName
                          Actually from what I've heard... only civic/teg ECU's work that way...as far as needing a MT or AT spec ECU... it's only a couple of transistors anyways...

But we can use either a MT or AT Accord/Lude ECU because of the separate TCU...

and I know for a fact that factory Honda tachs are horribly innaccurate and give extremely false readings at high rpm's... especially ours.

So some of these accounts of 7200 rpm rev limits are possibly just plain innaccurate readings...

but it's possible that this could just further add to the whole Accord ECU fuel cut/rev limit/speed governor mystery... It seems that some just are the way they are for whatever reason... many previous attempts to figure out the exact details and the where from and why's and how's of the Accord ECU have been totally fruitless... they just are the way they are... and many attempts to figure out the Accord ECU code by people far smarter and more intimately familar with ECU coding than me have also failed or caused an insane amount of frustration...

It hides it's secrets very well...

It's a funky ECU family anyways...backwards tables and whatnot...

I love my chipped P06 with custom maps, user set rev limit and FTL... and will never return to the damn PT3 or the funky JDM P11 that came with my F20A...

Comment

no cut off

I have a 93 EX 5-speed A6 oviously and it has a rev limit of like 6,500 or so and it didnt shut off at 125 mph so if it does its higher then that on mine

Comment

my f22a1 pt3 ecu wont shift past 5,200 rpm...so i guess my rev limiter is set at that...but im not worried about it..i've got a pt6 ecu coming in a few days anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X