• Show
Clear All

F22A6 Performance Questons

Does anyone know the factory spec:

0-60

1/4 mile

top speed

maxed out redline

or any other info on the F22A6? I mean my redline is like 6,200 or something...how high will it go before it bumps the redline area? I was told that it doesn't have a rev limiter?!? Dunno about that. I'm not gonna say that the engine is fast...but it seems pretty good for a 4 banger. Tons of low end.

thanks!
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Re: F22A6 Performance Questons

Originally posted by JDM CB

or any other info on the F22A6? I mean my redline is like 6,200 or something...how high will it go before it bumps the redline area? I was told that it doesn't have a rev limiter?!? Dunno about that. I'm not gonna say that the engine is fast...but it seems pretty good for a 4 banger. Tons of low end.
    The A6 EX/SE ECU DOES have a rev limiter but i believe it's at 6800 compared to the LX/DX ECU which has the lame 6200-6250 rev limiter...

If I'm not mistaken the EX ecu code is PT6 and I know for a fact the LX/DX Ecu is a PT3.

I also know that some of the the EX/SE A6 ECU's have no speed limiter and some do but as far as I know no one has been able to track down exactly which ones don't have it...

there's some speculation that it's the ones built at a certain plant in America are without the limiter and the Japanese produced ones have the limiter but I have seen first hand that some produced in both places either have it or don't when they should or shouldn't... so who really knows???
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Re: Re: F22A6 Performance Questons

Originally posted by NoScreenName
      I also know that some of the the EX/SE A6 ECU's have no speed limiter and some do but as far as I know no one has been able to track down exactly which ones don't have it...
      oh i have a speed limiter, lol.

and here are some more factory specs JDM CB:

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1992/hon...enav..6.Honda*

Comment

alrighty,

...so you don't have any like approximates of the 0-60 or the 1320 or anything? I have a Motor trend from 96 that said the V6 Accord does like an 8 second 0-60 which I thought was incredibly high...

. Snail Squad .

Comment

yea i got he SE but mine doesnt cut off at 6800rpms, it will shoot up to like 7200 just a little bit into the redline lable, before it cuts off...
          93 SE auto... 4doors... and taking donations ---- SOLD

need new project...

Comment

Originally posted by JDM CB
            alrighty,

...so you don't have any like approximates of the 0-60 or the 1320 or anything? I have a Motor trend from 96 that said the V6 Accord does like an 8 second 0-60 which I thought was incredibly high...
            yeah, as far as i know thats because those only came with the automatics during that time frame. and yeah its high, but if i recall correctly, stock cb7 0-60 is something like 7.5-8.5 seconds, not blazing fast by any means, but considering its an early 90's 4 door family sedan, sans the coupe that is, its not too bad. and the f22 pulls pretty decent considering as well.
            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Z
              yea i got he SE but mine doesnt cut off at 6800rpms, it will shoot up to like 7200 just a little bit into the redline lable, before it cuts off...

7200 is just a LITTLE bit into the redline? My redline starts at like 6200...lol

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                yeah, as far as i know thats because those only came with the automatics during that time frame. and yeah its high, but if i recall correctly, stock cb7 0-60 is something like 7.5-8.5 seconds, not blazing fast by any means, but considering its an early 90's 4 door family sedan, sans the coupe that is, its not too bad. and the f22 pulls pretty decent considering as well.

yep, the Accord V6's were auto's up untill this year. I was in an 00 V6 and that thing pulls though. As long as I'm in the 7 second range I'm happy. lol

. Snail Squad .

Comment

oh yea shit thats what i meant... around 6200 to 6400 is where it goes up to... sorry i was thinkin bout my civic.. my bad
                  93 SE auto... 4doors... and taking donations ---- SOLD

need new project...

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Z
                    oh yea shit thats what i meant... around 6200 to 6400 is where it goes up to... sorry i was thinkin bout my civic.. my bad
                    hahahahah It's all good man.

. Snail Squad .

Comment

my 1990 LX coupe when was stock I could rev up to 6800RPM, but it come with F22A4 engine, possile swap when I bought it. but the ECU is an lx since my speed limiter cut in at 118mph.

0-60 = 7.8s

1/4 mile = 17.09s

top speed = 118mph

maxed out redline = 6800rpm

Now i'm turbo charge with an JDM F22A engine I'm are in high 14's
                      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

so the F22A4 is the like 130HP one? so the EX F22A6 is probably a TAD quicker than that?

. Snail Squad .

Comment

yep I think 10-15HP more, so it could be tenth of a sec quicker
                          90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                          < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

lol

and I obviously have the EX ECU...so what's that mean top speed wise?

. Snail Squad .

Comment

either no cut off, or a cut off somewhere around 118-130ish, i think.
                              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Working...
                              X