clutch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch question

i just had an 8lb fidanza flywheel installed and a stage 3 gripforce clutch...some ebay crap...but ive noticed that it revs quick and i feel no more clutch slippin but it dont seem like that clutch grabs hard...could that be cause it aint broke in yet?? so does that mean i should just take it easy for a few hundred miles?? then if so how longs it take to break in and how does a disc and a pressure plate break in anyway..just curious...thanks yall
    Last edited by accordmike92; 10-08-2005, 01:07 AM.

Generally you wanna break it in for at least 100 miles. But also, you may have some air in your lines. Have someone bleed them and see if that improves your grip
    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

break-in period should be around 300-500 miles; forgot to tell u that on the PM replied.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

ya..i bled it and it seems better..im just gonna go easy on it for a lil while longer and see whats up

Comment

Originally posted by accordmike92
          ya..i bled it and it seems better..im just gonna go easy on it for a lil while longer and see whats up
          yea man, after 400 miles of breakin in the clutch, mine feels crazy.
          i can kill the car easier too
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

it sounds like the clutch materials aren't high quality but i have no experience with an 8lb. flywheel. but as long as its not slipping, I would just get used to the different feel.
            Last edited by xaxis360; 10-08-2005, 04:23 PM.

Comment

ya i only got like 100 miles on it now..but its feelin better..ill put more miles on it tonite and ill just wait and see if it improves.

Comment

ttt

Comment

just don't cruise on it. that's not the way to put "miles" on it. the clutch isn't working if the car is just at a constant speed. go through city streets where shifting gears is necessary but don't put too much strain in the clutch such as hanging on an incline for too long. sound like you got a nice combo there. when it breaks in, you'll notice the better grab.
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

well also usually a heavier duty clutch grabs harder because it i made for more torque capacity, now i think that is what u r asdking, but ya, break it in and see how it feels after that.. also, mine is a ACT SS disc with a Xtreme pressure plate and then a fidanza 8lbd`r... so mine revs quick and grabs super hard, i can spin through second and chirp third nice and loud now!!!! yes!!!!

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
                      X