Windshield Washers don't work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield Washers don't work.

My mom's been on me for awhile to get this fixed, but yeah, my windshield washers don't work.

They used to work fine back in the day. I had the oh so cool Washer LED's and never had any issues. I then went back to the stock sprayers and I'm having nothing come out. I cleaned the sprayers before I put them on and everything, but I still can't get anything to come out of them, or if I do, its very very weak.

The pump appears to be turning on fine. I do know that I have a cracked windshield washer tank and I can't hold more than probably 1/3 a tank of stuff...might that have something to do with it? Where is the pump and everything for it anyways? I haven't had my front bumper off in probably a year and I'm at work so I can't remember the location off the top of my head.

Anyone had this issue and gotten it fixed?

yea mike mine have not worked since i got the car

Comment

mine haven't worked for over a year now..idk made em stop but o well...i didnt use em much anyway
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

the pump and container are inside the front bumper in front of the drivers fenderwell.. its kinda a pain to get out, but its possible without taking off the bumper..

i would check for any cracked water lines going to the squirters and make sure the pump is actually sucking up water and not air..

Comment

not sure if this was mentioned yet or not but make sure on the drivers side that the hood hinge isnt squishing the line running up to your squirters. the tank and pump is very easy to replace....hit up everetts if u need new crap.also try sticking a tiny needle in your squirters and going in and out. maybe there crap in them. sorry if its was metnioned i was to lazy to read the posts..

Comment

i used air pressure to clean mine out... get some pressure built up, point the little air nozzle thing and let the air go!

Comment

I saw that happen on a CB7. In fact over time it pulled out from there, and squirting over the cowl and engine bay.

[QUOTE=91accord4door]not sure if this was mentioned yet or not but make sure on the drivers side that the hood hinge isnt squishing the line running up to your squirters.
              '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
              EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Just take a can of compressed air to the nozzles.

Comment

Yeah, mine used to work when I got the car but now they don't work. I think the line is pinched by the gasket by the cawl, and not the hinge! So, If I need to rinse the windshield off, I just pop the hood and prop it up and spray away!!! I'm just going to redirect the line alittle bit. See if yours works w/ your hood fully open.

Comment

i have the same prob too but i see that my line is being pinched by the hood hinge. i haven't tried to do it while the hood is open so i'll try that later. but as far as that goes, what else can cause the water to not travel to the squirters? not enough pressure built into the pump?
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                      i have the same prob too but i see that my line is being pinched by the hood hinge. i haven't tried to do it while the hood is open so i'll try that later. but as far as that goes, what else can cause the water to not travel to the squirters? not enough pressure built into the pump?
                      Well, it pretty much comes down to a pinch in the line. Over the summer I had the entire system apart. That pump is pretty powerful, I checked the nozzles by hooking them up to the pump but only w/ a line that was 1 foot long. Everything is usually fine, but the pinches in the line don't help!

Those having this prob, you could just peel back the driver's side fender liner, pull the line off of the motor, blow air through and make sure it's not clogged and then see if the pump works by turning it on w/o the line attached to it, it should be under some pretty good pressure. That way you prob. don't have to take the bumper off!

Comment

I bought a washer pump from Autozone about 2 years ago (the washer has not worked for 2 years) and never installed it. After returning it last night, I just checked the washer function, a little stream came out. Most likely a kink in the hose or the nozzle is the problem. Cheap to fix, but will take some time. Its better than carrying a bottle of washer fluid in the trunk.

Comment

I had similar problem and replaced
                          #18 (BELLOW, FR. WASHER), Left/Right nozzle.

Good Luck.

1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                          2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                          3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                          4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                          5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Yeah #18 looks to be the part that can get squished near the cowl and hood hinge that causes the fluid to dribble in the engine bay.
                            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Well, I got some semblance of my washers back this weekend. I'm not super pleased with now I did it, and I'm gonna probably end up going back to the junkyard, but what I did was cut a little bit of the cowl out of the way. Then I unhooked the hose off of the hangers and just let it dangle in the place where the cowl was cut (about 1") It's not a clean install at all, and I'm not particularly pleased iwth this, so I'm probably gonna redo the hangers. However, I also have a few broken pieces under there I want to replace anyways.

But yeah, its definitely that piece that's in the corner by the hinge that's the culprit.

Comment

Working...
                              X