Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a6 Exhaust Manifold Cleaning...

I just got an a6 Exhaust Manifold.

Before i put it on the car i wanna clean the crap out of it.

What would be some good cleaning tips?
    Any good solutions out there to use?
    Or can i just power wash the hell out of it?

thanks...

Cant you just sand it down with some sandpaper and then put a fresh coat of high temp paint on it and call it a day? If you wash it when it dries its still going to be brown.

Comment

Im talkin about the inside...it looks black : Darkness

Comment

Maybe 2 cans of carb cleaner. Spray it in there and watch all that carbon drain out.

Comment

i used a combination of carb cleaner and degreaser and a toothbrush...just sat on my lawn and scrubbed it all and then sprayed the shit out of it with the hose and let it dry overnight before i installed it. it came out lookin new

Comment

haha i laid down mine with a power washer and some degreaser....power washer took the work out of it and got me a good shower!

truck places like wash places have a pressure washer that you insert 2 bucks in quarters for like 10 minutes.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

DEF. clean out the EGR service ports, all 6, and if you want to, the 7th one at the very end on the right. Instead of putting the plugs back in, or something that substitutes for the plugs, I'd use set-screws. That way, at any time, take an allen wrench, unscrew them, clean the ports out, and then screw them back in. You can't beat that. Here's an example of what I'm talking about (taken from f22parts.com)

"EGR intake manifold cleaning service.

Work performed: drill and tap EGR plugs to accept AN pipe plug fitting. These EGR ports that stop up very often on many Honda cars and F22 especially will make the car very sluggish on take off even stall on hot days. These removable plugs will allow You to clean these ports any time after it's serviced."

http://www.f22parts.com/EGR.jpg

I'm doing this on my IM setup b/c I feel it's worth the effort. Good luck and enjoy your a6 IM

Dan

Comment

^^^^ i think JaK is talking about the Exhaust manifold.. not the IM. but that's good info nevertheless

1991 Accord LX

Comment

def look up the egr port cleaning, i didnt mess with the one on the side, i just blasted the rest out.

i have a DIY kinda on it but others doo as well....i also got the plugs from honda
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                  X