yanking AC out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yanking AC out

hey quick question im gonna pull the A/C out today......of my 93 EX...
    just wondering if the alternator belt i need would just be off of a 93 DX model...thanks

I'm not really sure, but it'd be great if you post some pics or a DIY. I assume you are removing the WHOLE thing, ie compressor, condensor, all lines/fittings, evaporator, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
      I'm not really sure, but it'd be great if you post some pics or a DIY. I assume you are removing the WHOLE thing, ie compressor, condensor, all lines/fittings, evaporator, etc.?
      yeah i plan on doing it all........

i just figured the DX belt would be the way to go because DX's didnt have the AC in it.

Comment

According to this diagram off slhondaparts, both belts are the same

1992 Honda Accord EX 5 Speed
        38920-PT0-0030 BELT, COMPRESSOR $9.79
        38920-PT0-004 BELT, COMPRESSOR (BANDO) $9.79

1992 Honda Accord DX 5 Speed

Same part #'s and everything. I think the A/C belt runs off its own point?

Comment

taking the a/c out in FL??? your gonna miss it, LOL. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
            taking the a/c out in FL??? your gonna miss it, LOL. later.
            nah mang......i never use it.....i swear i drove around iraq in a humvee...<sorry to bring lame ass war stories up>......for like 8 months with no AC...florida heat aint shit imo....

im not trying to be a tuff guy or some shit...LOl...i just love pulling weight off my car......every pound i shave off is worth it to me.......

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
              According to this diagram off slhondaparts, both belts are the same

1992 Honda Accord EX 5 Speed

1992 Honda Accord DX 5 Speed

Same part #'s and everything. I think the A/C belt runs off its own point?

good find.....i hope this is true..then i can just pull the compressor out...

Comment

Most DX's actually came w/ A/C, it's actually a rarity to see one w/o it. You're going to need an A/C'less DX alternater belt, from any year CB. That way, you can ditch everything and gain alot of space Please PM me if you have any more ?'s, I've done complete removals on my CB and a DA9, and possibly and EJ1 soon

Dan

Comment

Hmmm at autozone I just asked for a belt w/out AC and they gave it to me. It fit perfectly. My car doesnt have any type of AC bs either. Its real nice... lost atleast 60lbs

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                  ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                  ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

What he said and this
                    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                      hey quick question im gonna pull the A/C out today......of my 93 EX...
                      just wondering if the alternator belt i need would just be off of a 93 DX model...thanks
                      yes it is. i used the same belt from jan-march last year before i re-installed my A/C back in.. and just tell them no A/C.
                      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

i plan on taking my A/C out too, once i have the time.....even tho i have tons of time, i'm just still woundering hmm later down the road if I sell her, would i get what i want w/out the powersteering and A/C .....thats whats been holding me back from removing them both completely....

5sec later EDIT: Ahh shes worth the weight reduction and power gain... .....LETS TARE IT DOWN ( trick my truck)
                        Last edited by ehulst; 03-19-2006, 09:45 AM.
                        93 Accord- SOLD
                        94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

i have 91 dx and it has ac in it i took my a/c out becareful not to cut the power steering house that is connected into the a/c somehow imade that mistake if u find out what beltlet mne kno becuz iam wondering what belt to use also
                          visit www.fourgasm-motorsports.com
                          For sale-Brand new stock f22a clutch and also have stock flywheel pm for details or prices

Comment

Yeah I was going to say by the time the CB7s were made, most DX's seem to have A/C (thought it was factory). It was the 3rd gens and prior whereby, I think it was dealer installed only on a DX model.
                            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                              Most DX's actually came w/ A/C, it's actually a rarity to see one w/o it. You're going to need an A/C'less DX alternater belt, from any year CB. That way, you can ditch everything and gain alot of space Please PM me if you have any more ?'s, I've done complete removals on my CB and a DA9, and possibly and EJ1 soon

Dan
                              Okay, DX ACCORDS DID NOT COME WITH A/C! It was always a dealer-installed option through the 80's and 90's until the Value Package Accords. The dealer ordered an "A/C Kit" from Honda Parts and had a technician install and fill it there. They charged about $800-1000 for it and it was a good way to get a cheap person into a $15,000 Accord back in the day. It came with a compressor, lines, belt, and the A/C button which was pre-wired. Merely bypassing it is not going to give you some 20HP gains. It will be very minimal and hardly worth it. Further, removing the compressor, lines and condensor will save you about 40 pounds if that. You would get more results from removing your spare in my opinion.

btw, The reason those two diagrams are exactly the same is because you are looking up the belt through the "A/C Compressor" menu when you should be looking it up through the "ENGINE SUB-CORD" menu. This is the belt and it's called an alternator belt as it should be:

31110-PT0-004 BELT, ALTERNATOR (BANDO) $11.30 $2.65
                              31110-PT0-003 BELT, ALTERNATOR (MITSUBOSHI) $11.30 $2.65

Comment

Working...
                              X