Tachometer signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tachometer signal

I'm installing an aftermarket tact and shift light. The car does not have a traditional coil. Seems the coil is actually inside the distributor. Does anyone know where I can get a tach signal?
    ==========================
    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Okay I'm super-dumb. Mine is a 1993 and it does have an external coil. Does anyone know which of the 4 wires going into it is the signal?
    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.

Comment

I continued digging. The wire diagrams I have are actually for the 1990 through 1993 cb7 which have the coil inside the distributor. On those the tach signal is a blue wire. I found wire diagrams for civics, crxs, preludes, later accords, etc and every time the tach signal wire from the coil is blue. So despite not finding a diagram for the 1993 external coil cb7, I'm going to try the blue wire, and will report back if worked.

Comment

Working...
      X