Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did i lose something in the speed sensor when pulling i tout of tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did i lose something in the speed sensor when pulling i tout of tranny?

upon removing my tranny i pulled speed sensor out. I first undid the top two smaller bolts that just take top part out. Some small round metal sleeve i think fell out. I realized this was wrong part to take out but am not sure what fell out of it. Do I just need to purchase a new top part?

We need a pic... What's left of the sensor? The whole thing looks like this ....

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      We need a pic... What's left of the sensor? The whole thing looks like this ....

The top part i pulled out. Am wondering what goes around that shaft i pulled out. Once i pulled it out some half circular shaft fell out. I will try to get a pic of it.

Comment

You need that shaft. The lower part of the speed sensor is the Power Steering speed sensor, it reduces power assist at higher speeds. The top part is the electrical vehicle speed sensor that provides a signal to the speedometer and odometer.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
        X