Recomendations for no slip pedals for manual tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recomendations for no slip pedals for manual tranny

I want to get some no slip racing pedals for my manual. I don't know the difference in these and recommendations would be nice. I see inserts that u sort of tape on it seems. Are there other types. The tape i don't like as it just covers over ur actual pedal so would like something looking like it came with car Interested in brand functionality. Don't care about the look as long it is settle like brushed aluminum with some sort of skiffed center.

Good topic and I don't think anything works. I've tried before but out pedals are one metal piece with the rubber piece over top. Anything I found was either glued, screwed, etc. and moved around on the pedal eventually.
    Plus it raised the pedal height by 1/2" or more. The gas pedal was really annoying. IMO, if you want no slip just get new rubber for the pedals.

lol.. anyone else wear through two clutch rubber pieces yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Good topic and I don't think anything works. I've tried before but out pedals are one metal piece with the rubber piece over top. Anything I found was either glued, screwed, etc. and moved around on the pedal eventually.
      Plus it raised the pedal height by 1/2" or more. The gas pedal was really annoying. IMO, if you want no slip just get new rubber for the pedals.

lol.. anyone else wear through two clutch rubber pieces yet?
      The rubber piece on clutch always works it way off. Wanted something more dependable. Thanks for info as now i wont even look for a pedal insert.

Comment

I've seen people simply pull the rubber, get some skateboard sand paper grip stuff and throw those on the pedals.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

That's a pretty smart idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
            I've seen people simply pull the rubber, get some skateboard sand paper grip stuff and throw those on the pedals.
            Can confirm, this works.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

I installed these in my TSX way back in '08 and they've held up surprisingly well. I did buy 2 pairs which I'm glad I did since they're discontinued now. Luckily it doesn't rain here often because the biggest issue is the rubber nubs get slippery when wet...

But you may want to skip the pedals and and buy a pair of driving shoes?

My Collection:
              93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
              00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
              04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

i've run these jamex pedals since like 2000. i fkn LOVE them. mine are the polished ones. hell, i can drive in socks if i want to!

Comment

Working...
                X