Is f22a6 cylinder head same as others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is f22a6 cylinder head same as others?

So am thinking of replacing my cylinder head and i got a f22a6 engine. Is the f22a6 engine cylinder head the same as f22a1 and a4? The guys who stole my car revved my engine and sprang a leak possibly in my head gasket. No oil is leaking into water or vice versa but oil is leaking out it seems from cylinder head on drivers side engine near that drivers side motor mount. So I think I got to pull head off and replace head gasket. So why not just replace the cylinder head I thought. My main question is all those cylinder heads the same. I see reman pt3 heads. Is that what I need?

the casting itself is the same. however the valve springs, cam and tune are different. but since you said the water and oil aren't mixing, then maybe you want to look at some different seals like the crank seal, cam seal,oil pan gasket, ect. before doing such major work as a head gasket. maybe perform a leakdown test first. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

it is the cam seal leaking. It drips down onto the lip of head. AM so glad. Never been so happy to find a leak

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
        the casting itself is the same. however the valve springs, cam and tune are different. but since you said the water and oil aren't mixing, then maybe you want to look at some different seals like the crank seal, cam seal,oil pan gasket, ect. before doing such major work as a head gasket. maybe perform a leakdown test first. later.
        At some point in next couple years I do want a rebuilt engine. Am glad i don't have to do it now. Even though pulling the head is alot easier than the engine i would of just done it all now. Am now moving on to interior stuff like seats and stuff. Thanks for the info btw.

Comment

Working...
        X