What color coolant for F22a1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What color coolant for F22a1?

I have heard conflicting recommendations. Some say Green some say blue coolant. Any thoughts?
    My CB7 post on my blog
    My CB7 thread

50/50 collant. Color don't matter/ Some brands are green and some are blue. They also make coolant u mix yourself. Just get the 50/50 and get all the air out by ur bleeder valve above ur thermostat.

Comment

Green coolant is an IAT coolant (inorganic acid technology), this type of coolant uses silicates as corrosion inhibitors. Honda changed to blue coolant, which is a P-HOAT (phosphated hybrid organic acid technology). Blue coolant uses a mixture of phosphates and carboxylates as corrosion inhibitors. This is the main difference between green and blue coolants. They are interchangable. Color does matter, it is an added dye and signifies the difference in chemical make up.

Orange and red coolants are OAT (organic acid technology) coolants use organic acids as inhibitors and should never be mixed into a system that has a nitrite or silica coolant like IAT, HOAT, or P-HOAT. Degradation of fluid will occur, reduction of corrosion inhibiting and sludging can and usually do occur.

Always follow manufacture recommendations and read the label before you buy to verify correct fluid type.
      Last edited by Size9zombie; 08-01-2021, 04:10 PM.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
      X