Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone fabricated their gauges into their dash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone fabricated their gauges into their dash?

I got a few more gauges i am installing and really want to drill holes with a dremel router bit into my dash or center console for gauges. Has anyone ever done this and if so can we see some pics?

I know this isn't in the center console like you were describing, but it is an option. I believe they are still available for purchase as well through ortizcustompods.com.

Comment

Nope. Where would you put them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
        I know this isn't in the center console like you were describing, but it is an option. I believe they are still available for purchase as well through ortizcustompods.com.
        dam that looks nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Nope. Where would you put them?
          Down in between the shifter and the e-brake. That sort of inverse hump. I plan on putting 2 more gauges in. An air fuel ratio gauge and a volt meter gauge so i can take out that plug in to my cig lighter. I already got 3 gauges in in one of the radios dims and one up on the right side of dash panel.

Comment

Cool idea. Share some pics when you get er' done. I've seen a photo once of someone who put them under the cup holders.

Comment

Cool idea. Share some pics when you get er' done. I've seen a photo once of someone who put them under the cup holders.
              Maybe ill just buy a porsche boxster instead. This car has gotten expensive but am pretty much done doing everything mechanical. New tranny and clutch just put in and now just need to fix body and paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                Ooo, I like that.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures anymore, but I molded a gauge into the middle of the top of my steering column cover then painted it body color. Visibility wise, it landed right in the middle of the speedo, but was small enough that it didn't obscure anything.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Found this on the web, was an old member from here I believe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5012.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	4980833

Comment

Sort of like wearing a wristwatch on you ankle... would have been more useful if it were canted upward.
                      My Collection:
                      93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                      00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                      04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

lol.. maybe it's a gauge for the passengers to read and you holler back to them. "WHAT'S MY OIL TEMP??"

Comment

i was was goign ot put 2 there and have them slant up. I guess i gotta learn how to fabricate this materials so i dont eff it up.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post

Maybe ill just buy a porsche boxster instead. This car has gotten expensive but am pretty much done doing everything mechanical. New tranny and clutch just put in and now just need to fix body and paint.
                            If an old Honda's gotten too expensive for you, a Porsche is going to be worse. Porsches are almost as reliable, but the Porsche/German tax is real.

Here's mine. It's not the best spot if you're wanting to keep a constant eye on things, but I prefer the subtlety:

If you don't mind cutting holes in your dash, there are universal dash pods on eBay like this that might work above the center stack: https://www.ebay.com/itm/17441183909...Cclp%3A2334524
                            Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-21-2021, 08:29 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Another reason for a new milwaukee tool.

Comment

Working...
                              X