Get calipers from which company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get calipers from which company?

I see some reman calipers have piston replaced and some dont. Does it matter. Any experience anyone? Can someone recomend a brand or are they all the same. I see nuegon, cardone(they suck), powerstop and raybestos. Nuegons and reybestos say iston is replaced. Others do not. My left rear caliper piston froze so am just going to get a rear set. I hate getting parts from oreillys or autozone. All cardone crap imo.

So ya, don't go cheap is all I can say. Can't comment on a brand as they all come from the same place probably. But "you pay for what you get". And some calipers come "loaded" and some don't. OEM's were NISSIN, so I guess if you can find those, go with them (you won't find them).

As for ya other Q's I seen another day..., Wagon calipers can go on anything, but you need to change the knuckle I believe? I dunno, there's a DIY on the site for it. It get's complicated I actually made a cheat sheet... which says.... "25T wagon brackets and NSX pads (which are the same as wagon/V6 pads)" . Ya, you'd need the brake caliper brackets and I'm sure something else, prob knuckle. The best way to figure all this out is with part #s and searching this site.

https://torontohondaparts.com/PartsL...sis&illid=2497

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      So ya, don't go cheap is all I can say. Can't comment on a brand as they all come from the same place probably. But "you pay for what you get". And some calipers come "loaded" and some don't. OEM's were NISSIN, so I guess if you can find those, go with them (you won't find them).

As for ya other Q's I seen another day..., Wagon calipers can go on anything, but you need to change the knuckle I believe? I dunno, there's a DIY on the site for it. It get's complicated I actually made a cheat sheet... which says.... "25T wagon brackets and NSX pads (which are the same as wagon/V6 pads)" . Ya, you'd need the brake caliper brackets and I'm sure something else, prob knuckle. The best way to figure all this out is with part #s and searching this site.

https://torontohondaparts.com/PartsL...sis&illid=2497
      After some research it seems Dynamic Friction makes the best oe calipers for our cars but they no longer make them for our cars. Nugeon seems a far second and hte rest are jsut mostly junk remanned. TOday at oreillys i seen 3 calipers that were suppsoe to g on my car and 3 of them the shim wouldn't even fit in there. They all had issues from brakebest. THe older our cars get the more these calipers get their surface sandblasted and so on. Har dot find good remanned brake parts. I ordered a set of nugeons but i wanted DFC.

Comment

Working...
      X