Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i rebuild my distributor besides teh ICM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i rebuild my distributor besides teh ICM?

Is there anything else in dizzy to replace with oem besides ICM. Not including the rotor, cap and wires. I want to rebuild my dizzy to oem specs and reliability just to have piece of mind.

Nothing to my knowledge. But why not just buy a new one ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Nothing to my knowledge. But why not just buy a new one ?
      Like one form wai global. Maybe i should. I was going to replace the icm with an oem one and call it a day. THe current one was a rebuild with probably cheap parts. So replacing the icm with oem one should then be like new. Was also considering a coil on plug system but that seems like alto of trouble.

Comment

Ya, coil on plug is a lot of work and money for not a lot of benefits (for our cars). I've just went to any local parts store and bought a distributor and slapped it on. You could try and get OEM but probably not possible and I think they are $500 or some crazy price. Like alternators there's no big harm in going 3rd party here, it's just a distributor (simple components).

Comment

Ya, coil on plug is a lot of work and money for not a lot of benefits (for our cars). I've just went to any local parts store and bought a distributor and slapped it on. You could try and get OEM but probably not possible and I think they are $500 or some crazy price. Like alternators there's no big harm in going 3rd party here, it's just a distributor (simple components).
          Thanks for the tips. Am going to replace with an oem ICM and have peace of mind. Those aftermarket ICM's do not seem to last.

Comment

I had a 92 EXR 2 door cb7 long ago and sold it because of distributor issues. It was my daily driver and kept leaving me stranded. Was the distributor each time and after the 3rd time I said F- this and sold it for something more reliable. Still not sure why it kept burning through distributors and the car had a lot of miles too. I still regret selling that car, it would of made a good project car. But it was long ago, i was broke, young, and didn't have money to have two cars. The guy i sold it to got t-boned the next year and she's gone to heaven now. So ya, I hear ya on wanting a peace of mind.

The COP info you need to read is here - https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...ead#post214250

Comment

I had a 92 EXR 2 door cb7 long ago and sold it because of distributor issues. It was my daily driver and kept leaving me stranded. Was the distributor each time and after the 3rd time I said F- this and sold it for something more reliable. Still not sure why it kept burning through distributors and the car had a lot of miles too. I still regret selling that car, it would of made a good project car. But it was long ago, i was broke, young, and didn't have money to have two cars. The guy i sold it to got t-boned the next year and she's gone to heaven now. So ya, I hear ya on wanting a peace of mind.

The COP info you need to read is here - https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...ead#post214250
              Thanks for the info. COP seems like alot of unneeded work and money. Am going to replace the ICM and if it fails again i will swap the icm out to my other dizzy i got.

Comment

Working...
              X