Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 Trans H22 LSD Swap question

Good Afternoon,

I tried searching and didn't find quite the answer I'm looking for on the interwebs.

Is it possible for example to take a M2B4 LSD and swap it into H2U5 Transmission? or even any other non LSD transmission.

I'm wanting to try this to see if it was possible without having to buy aftermarket, especially if the parts are lying around.

For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Think you want to use a F22 trans with a H22, the answer = yes. But you can't mix and match the internals of transmissions to my knowledge.

Comment

The gear sets should fit between the LSD and non-LSD transmissions. The LSD differentials are too big to fit in the non-LSD transmission cases however.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

I wanted an LSD in my race car. My understanding is the factory LSDs were of a viscous fluid type. I read that the fluid breaks down and the LSD looses it's ability to lock. So I found a manual trans that had lower, closer gears and orginally did not have an LSD. I bought an LSD that we were lucky to find on ebay, and installed it in place of the open diff that was in there. I can guarantee that the LSD in this car works.
        ==========================
        1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
        1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
        Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
        Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
        M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
        Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Working...
        X