Where is starter relay on manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is starter relay on manuals

Where are the starter relays on 92 manuals. My car sometimes wont start and if i just retry the key over and over it will eventually start. It isn't the clutch relay as i have tested that. It doesn't click when i try to start. Just nothing sometimes except the clutch relay i can feel a click in that when it won't start and no click when it does start. I didn't even know this car had a starter relay. I was thinking it was a bad solenoid or a bad ground somewhere.

https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...diagrams-scans

It will not show exactly where it is at, but it will tell you the wiring, in which yo can use to locate the said relay.

My personal vehicle, I bypassed the relay to my own relay to send a signal directly from the battery to the start signal on the starter.
    It is bypassed not because of an issue, but more of an anti theft, and so I can create my own kill switch to prevent the vehicle from starting while in gear. (auto to 5 speed conversion without a clutch safety switch installed.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by daovangphotos View Post
      https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...diagrams-scans

It will not show exactly where it is at, but it will tell you the wiring, in which yo can use to locate the said relay.

My personal vehicle, I bypassed the relay to my own relay to send a signal directly from the battery to the start signal on the starter.
      It is bypassed not because of an issue, but more of an anti theft, and so I can create my own kill switch to prevent the vehicle from starting while in gear. (auto to 5 speed conversion without a clutch safety switch installed.
      I found the location of starter cut relay. It is in the dash fuse box. The relay all the way to right above the ICU. I am now trying to disconnect the srs yellow wire plug from fuse box. Gosh been working on it for an hour. Can't get that dam plug to come out. I had this problem once before years ago getting this plug out. What a pain. Any tips on getting it out without destroying it would help. Also another question is how easy is it to remove those relays above ICU without removing the whole fuse box. Can i just get some plyers and pull semi hard?
      Last edited by zedjr10; 07-11-2022, 05:57 PM.

Comment

that yellow srs double pin connector to the fuse box is the worst pin design ever. The wire is soo tight u can't ven get any slack on it to fit a flathead in there adn then press tab to get out. Gosh what a effn pain.

Comment

For anyone n the future. The starter cut relay is right above and to far right of the integrated control unit. Which is part of the under dash fuse/relay box. Mine isn't bad. There is just some crappy wiring behind that fuse box i need to fix.

Comment

Working...
          X