Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Twin Disc Clutch?

Hey guys,

For those of you making power for a Twin Disc, what brand are you running?

All I keep seeing online is the Competition Clutch & Clutch Masters Twin Disc kit. But, they both seem to only be sold as a package along with the Flywheel with disclaimers that you must use their Flywheel only.

All from $1300ish-$1600ish
    ​​​
    Keep Pushing..

Ahh I think I'm the only one and the first on this site to my knowledge.

- Assco 12lbs flywheel with ARP bolts
    - Tilton twin disc racing clutch
    - Tilton OT-II 7.25 pressure plate

You will have to shave down the clutch release bearing to meet the required specs for clutch release (OEM is too tall). There is a pre-made one but only for the B-series. And I hope you like pushing a dead horse with your left leg
    Guessing they won't warranty their stuff if you don't use their package, has nothing to do with type of flywheel as they are all the same size for a H22 (just the weight that is different).

"The manual states the release bearing to clutch fingers clearance is .250" - .170". But...... you can't get that. Anyone knows that the spring tension of the slave cylinder will always make the bearing touch the fingers. The manufacture Tilton showed me instructions for shaving down the B and K series release bearing but there are no such instructions for the H. I emailed them to explain things and we'll see what they say."

So ya, you have to shave it down to get these specs.

Comment

Holy crap lol didn't think I would have to do all that for a clutch.

What clutch are you running?

I keep reading more about Twins & now I am not too sure I really need one.

I want to stay around 450HP so I was thinking maybe even an Action Clutch Stage 4 Single should hold the power.

What do you think?
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

The clutch is a tilton, part of the twin disc setup right. (see pics). And this setup is rated for up around 700HP, i was going to aim for 500. I had a Bully Stage 4 setup which only lasted two summers, but it's rating was 400HP and I was running 420HP. And if you don't want to push a small horse with your left leg all the time don't get this setup. It's HEAVY! It's on or off. No in-between. It's a racing clutch plain and simple. You're going to have to determine what your end HP will be and see if one exists. For 450HP I don't think you'll find one and if you do it won't last long. You can see how this setup sticks out further than an OEM setup so the release bearing simply is too tall when everything gets put together.

Comment

I’m running a competition stage 4 clutch since 2018 & haven’t had any problems. Obviously the car isn’t a daily driver.

Comment

How much HP you running?

Comment

SPEC also has a twin disc F/H clutch setup they offer.

Comment

Working...
              X