Breather line from crankcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breather line from crankcase

Do you need to run a line from the intake to the crankcase? I just have a nipple over the opening, or should I get a breather? cause ive been running like this for 1,000 miles about. Though my oil seems to be getting kinda sluddgy. Then again its 1000 miles since the swap.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
    Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
    Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
    04 WRX stg 2 sedan
    Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

thats your PCV valve. it stands for postive crankcase ventilation valve...and simply capping it (on the crankcase side) is a very bad idea, because that air has nowhere to go...now, you can put a breather filter or something similar on the crankcase opening and cap the intake, thats fine...youll just get a dirty engine bay from the spent oil....pcv valves are like 2.50 at autozone, i suggest you just pick one up (if your swap didnt come with one) and connect it. just search, i know for a fact this has been covered many times
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by bresk8r87
      thats your PCV valve. it stands for postive crankcase ventilation valve...and simply capping it (on the crankcase side) is a very bad idea, because that air has nowhere to go...now, you can put a breather filter or something similar on the crankcase opening and cap the intake, thats fine...youll just get a dirty engine bay from the spent oil....pcv valves are like 2.50 at autozone, i suggest you just pick one up (if your swap didnt come with one) and connect it. just search, i know for a fact this has been covered many times
      negative...
      20 bucks at autozone
      10 bucks at kragen, quite expensive.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Damn you got ripped off then we didnt pay but 3-5 bucks for a pcv on my friends maxima. Run an oil catch can that will help you out.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i put a breather on it, im probably gonna do the diy catch can though. The reason i didnt get a chance to search is cause im running on..., well lets just say "not my internet" persay. . Occasionally goes down.
          ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
          Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
          Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
          04 WRX stg 2 sedan
          Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            Damn you got ripped off then we didnt pay but 3-5 bucks for a pcv on my friends maxima. Run an oil catch can that will help you out.
            oh, thought you were refferring to the breather filter.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
              negative...
              20 bucks at autozone
              10 bucks at kragen, quite expensive.
              Yeah man I paid $5 for mine at canadian tire, not much
              I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

I tried that one time, capping the IM and putting a breather on the PCV valve itself, the engine didn't like the fact that I blocked off such a major vacuum port!

I'd also suggest hooking it back up, like stock, but w/ a catch can in the middle, that'll trap all the oil you're worried about.

Comment

Working...
                X