Leaking from this. it got bent *picture*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking from this. it got bent *picture*

Yeah when I did my swap the little brass hose as seen in mikes picture got bent completly up. i tryed to bend it down and it got all messed up since it's soft etc. It's leaking from there. What should I do to seal it?

I have that gasket maker shit. maybe if i put it all around it and put the hose back on it would help?

any ideas?

thats a tough one wayne... i hate those nipples, they always get crushed.

what you need to do is use a pair of pliars and carefully form it back somewhat to shape - so its relatively round and will accept the hose on it. dont bend it too much, or itll crack, just straighten it out. an easy way is use pliars with one end inside the tube, one outside, and if you crimp down, itll straighten out the dents.

get it close to shape, and make sure its completely dry. also completely dry out the inside of the hose. coat the entire outside with a nice thick even blob of copper silicone. put the hose on, and use a new hose band clamp (the ones you screw tight, not the OEM clip ones) and tighten it down tight.

if it was really bad to begin with, use two hose clamps right next to each other.

the gasket maker will fill in all of the little dents, and the band clamp provides an all-around tight squeeze to get it to seal.

one recommendation: never disconnect those hoses at the firewall. ever. disconnect them at their other ends, the one you circled ends at the black water pipe on the back of the block.
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 08-25-2006, 01:36 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

OWNZ cp[mike]

Comment

Wayne, def. patch that leak in the brass fitting, I don't think you'd want to also change your heater core too! That would not be fun @ all Get that patched up for good

Comment

Those are the heater core connections. If you want to do things the right way, replace the heater core and you'll be all good.
          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

I hate those things, they caused me frustration when I was replacing my rear motor mount.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

yeah I think i fixed the leak. yet the car is still overheating who knows. Ill take a look at it tommrow

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                thats a tough one wayne... i hate those nipples, they always get crushed.

what you need to do is use a pair of pliars and carefully form it back somewhat to shape - so its relatively round and will accept the hose on it. dont bend it too much, or itll crack, just straighten it out. an easy way is use pliars with one end inside the tube, one outside, and if you crimp down, itll straighten out the dents.

get it close to shape, and make sure its completely dry. also completely dry out the inside of the hose. coat the entire outside with a nice thick even blob of copper silicone. put the hose on, and use a new hose band clamp (the ones you screw tight, not the OEM clip ones) and tighten it down tight.

if it was really bad to begin with, use two hose clamps right next to each other.

the gasket maker will fill in all of the little dents, and the band clamp provides an all-around tight squeeze to get it to seal.

one recommendation: never disconnect those hoses at the firewall. ever. disconnect them at their other ends, the one you circled ends at the black water pipe on the back of the block.
                nah mike heres what i did I took a vicegrip pliars wrench then i took the back end of it not the twisty part to adjust it but the other part to release the wrench from griping. The button release and took it and shoved it in the copper line and turn and turned and turned until it was completely round again. But i had a crack in it which became a hole. Then i resorted to some JB weld and then it solved my whole problem . Just make sure you let it dry maple thats my experience and it worked

Comment

Working...
                X