new header caused cracked head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new header caused cracked head?

tell me if this sounds right. I was on the way home from work last night. the motor started fine but when I turned the wheel the power steering pump belt was squealing really bad. I thought that either the pump was locking up or it was low on fluid. I figured I could make it home and look at it there. on the way home every stop I made smoke was billowing out from under the hood.ppl staring and everything I made it home and popped the hood. I noticed that the mounting bolt that holds the bracket to the head was gone. I took a closer look and kinda wiggled the pump. when I did that the freakin end of the head moved with it my heart sunk. I kinda think that the header is to blame. It would get super hot. neone have any ideas? THIS SUX ASS!!!
    Last edited by jova1993cb; 04-27-2007, 09:51 AM.

she is down....but definately not out

bump for any ideas or maybe someone selling a head?

Comment

How is your head moving with a bracket...I think your trippin. Find a bolt tighten it back up. Header has nothing to do with it. If your head was taht loose you have other issues.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the head isn't moving. the cracked piece behind the psp and header is.

Comment

doesn't stainless steel expand and contract? maybe it caused the cracks?

Comment

Originally posted by jova1993cb
            Hmm...stainless steel and aluminum contract and retract at different rates..

so MAYBE!
            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by jova1993cb
              It wasn't the headers.

Comment

well what then? I am freakin baffled I torqued the nuts to spec. looks like the corner of the head is broken off. the valve cover seems to be holding it on.

Comment

any pics of the said broken part of the head
                  Members Ride

Comment

So I'm guessing there is now oil leaking out of this fracture and possibly onto the header? This is a weird occurance, maybe the p/s belt was so super tight that it stressed the head If you can get pics of this, please do so! You can def. get another head pretty cheap if it can't be repaired.

Comment

Ima snap some pics tomorrow when i get a chance to really look it over. from what i saw you may be right.

Comment

anyone have an f22a6 head lying around?

Comment

Working...
                        X