manual shifter removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manual shifter removal

ok so yea i got the haynes manual and im trying to remove the shifter but i am having trouble getting the boot off... i have tried pinching the shit out of it and i just cant get it loose... any help would be appreciated

Are you trying to seperate to boot from the knob?... Just pull down hard on the collar. It wont break

Comment

you cant get it off the shift knob? all u do is grab it just below the shift knob and pull down, it is clipped up onto the shift knob. use a flat head screwdriver and place it in between the shift knob and shift boot ring and smack it downward, that works too

-sean
      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

The collar on my CB could never be pinched by hand like the manual says. I have to take a small jorgensen clamp (link below) to pinch the collar enough to slide it down and off the shift knob.
        http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=5335

Comment

alrigth guys thanks... i guess if it breaks ill just have to get a new one lol

Comment

screwdrivers ftw... wow i have a neuspeed short shifter... tho it still has a lot of travel... are these any good and if not whats better

http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=11|AC&type=3&ltype=ns_impo rt&p_id=921
            Last edited by newtuner7; 07-30-2007, 08:46 PM.

Comment

bump

Comment

all i got is that obx adapeter on my shortend the travle somewhat but nothing liek a real short shift... feels a little crisper going into the gears

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                Originally posted by deevergote.
                But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

yea this is an adapter, im thinking this one is gonna come out soon

Comment

wasnt there a DIY on making the short shift adapter for like 3 bucks?
                    i have the parts for mine, i just never got around to doing it again.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

there was somewhere i cant find it now... i didnt buy this short shifter, but it doesnt really feel like it has lessened the throw very much

Comment

I dont know if anyone else here has a Forbidden ss, but I think its one of the best mods I made to my car, I love it

SOLD!!
                        Boosted H22
                        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Working...
                        X