• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#4 not firing

ok heres the deal my #4 plug isnt firing heres what ive tried so far:

swapped plugs and #4 cylinder still dont fire
    new plug wires still nothing

i know that its still getting fuel i just got so frustrated from work yesturday that i completly forgot to check the cap so i gotta wait till i can head down there later today.....now that i think of it i did notice my cap was loose a few days ago so i tightened it up so maybe it is the cap.

Also is it normal that when ya rev up the engine without a pcv valve in its hole for smoke to come out ive never had it out while the engines running so i dunno i would assume it is cause thats what the valve is for to vent the burnt fumes from combustion out of the crank case also it may be bad cause when i got to work a few days ago i noticed that there was oil all over the egr and intake tube and the area around it and i havent moved the car form where i parked it a few days ago for fear i will damage the engine running it on only 3 cylinders which i will lol, another thing to add is when i let my car idle after i changed the plug wires about an hour ago i listened to the engine and it sounded louder near the timing belt which i assume is cause its off balanced from #4 not firing.

thanks guys

thanks guys
    Last edited by almostJDM; 09-29-2007, 06:16 PM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Yea check your cap and rotor.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

just replaced the cap and plugs they didnt have a rotor but now its firing but not as good as the other 3 casue i felt the 4 exhaust runners and #4 is colder and i think the smoke is from the oil that was sprayd from the breather nipple on the VC into a split i have in the intake tube which split cause the TB is too big lol i also replaced the PCV. I took the intake tube off and cleaned it out and left it off and put my finger over the breather nipple on the vc and revved it to about 1500 and i could tell all 4 are firing now which is a good sign now i just gotta take off my intake and clean all th eoil out of it and make a catch can for the pcv and breather

1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

so is it fixed now??
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

yes its normal for the hole where the pcv valve goes to start smoking once removed
          Hold On Not Done Accelerating
          Had One Never Did Again

Comment

this really sux to have to say but i think shes gone i think i may have spun the rod bearings from oils starvation heres what i think started it all.

ok it all started about a month ago when my timing belt side motor mount bolts broke from being too loose, so when i replaced em i couldnt reuse the smaller piece cause one of the 2 screws broke off to a point a little inside the hole so i was forced to put a bolt in the hole closer to the exhaust side and one in the bottom, and this i thought had tilted it further back which in fact it was further forward i dunno why i thought it was further back cause when i looked at the plastic timing gear cover theres a gap around the back half of the mount which i just found out yesturday so back when i checked my oil the last 2 weeks i saw it was low so i added about 3/4 of a quart each time cause it was down to the botton dot, now when i normally check my oil i check it wipe the stick off and recheck it but for some reason when i checked it this time i must have only checked it and saw it was about 2 inches above the top dot, so a few days later which was this last wed. i drained about 1.5 quarts out and she seemed to be running better do i drove her to work the following morning and when i got up to the guard shack she quit on me which was normal cause she did that every once in a while so i didnt think anything of it, so i restarted the car and now it only running on 3 cylinders, so i go and park and i went to work.

I came out for my first break and saw that oil had be squirted out of the breather nipple into a cut in the intake( the cut was there cause the tube was too small for the TB i had) so i wipe it off and check my oil and its not even on the stick im like FUCK! so i waited till after work and got a ride to checkers and grabbed a few quarts of oil and added one and it brought it up to the bottom dot so i added the second one and i checked the soark plugs cause i knew oil had been sucked into the cylinders so i check 1:good 2:good 3:good 4: its got oil/fuel on it crap so i cleaned up the oil in the intake and swapped plugs 3 and 4 around and still #4 wasnt firing so i bought new plug wires and still wasnt firing so i got plugs and a cap and now it was firing but faintly cause the header tube was colder on #4 then 1,2,3 and this was my last day b4 my 5 days off after i cleaned up the oil form the intake and let her run a bit more she seemed to sound better so i had my bro follow me all the way home so when he got there we left, when we got to the bottom of my jobs road i herd it knock really bad ...crap so i instantly pop it out of gear and shut it off and stop i look it over and have my bro fire it back up and her it comming from then head then all of the sudden it stopped knocking wtf so we went on our way(yes i know stupid but by now the damage has been done) so we get going and shes smoking the whole time which i think is from the oil that was sprayd in the cylinders so i pull in my garage and pop the hood OMG IT HOT and theres oil all over the firewall but no holes or anything in the block i mean i couldnt even touch the vc it was so hot but im gonna try and up load a short video of when she sounded like b4 i left for home which was an hour away......that is if i can find my cable so stay tuned

1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread

Comment

dont worry about calling me an idiot for driving it home i deserve it

1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread

Comment

ok finally i found my cameras cable and heres the vid

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread

Comment

YESSSSSS WOHOOO SHE MAY BE JUST FINE

i just need to get a new pcv even tho i bought a new one it was a cheap ass fram one and snapped in 2 when i tried installing it and then i gotta clean out my intake runners and make a catch can one i get all that done ill let yall know and hopefully its good news

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread

Comment

Wth

WTH
                    omg wtf is wrong i cant firgure it out but heres a new video ive changed the pcv but smoke still comes out the breather nipple see for your self also this isnt normal at all trust me

also ive checked timing ive changed cap plugs plug wires and still sorta sounds the same

and i drained the oil and put 5 new quarts in it had almost 4 in it b4 so i know it wasnt that low on oil

Last edited by almostJDM; 10-04-2007, 08:05 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

SOunds like something is off. Thats awfully a lot of tapping. Have you checked the valve lash and such for your car?

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

not yet i dunno what i should set it at lol if its tha same as the h22 base, euro R or type s also thats not normal for the smoke i know that

also i dont think thats the valves its the engine running it runs like shit and shakes bad!!!!
                        Last edited by almostJDM; 10-04-2007, 10:14 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread

Comment

It is a possibility that a bad valve adjustment and slightly leaky valve seals could cause that cylinder not to fire well...
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

yea i need to find the correct valve lash specs and i hate to say it but until further notice my rings are fried so until next saturday there fried then ill tell ya for sure if they are or not once i get my comp tester and test em.

If they are infact fried its PROJECT:GBOGHC(Go Big Or Go Home Crying) time

so ITS WRX TIME!!!! woot lol

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread

Comment

should be the same for the h22. If the h22 cams can go on the f20b head, then I would assume that it is the same.
                              The beginning of a new era............................
                              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                              X