F22A4 head bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A4 head bolts

I been trying to get these off for like 30 min already. I got like 4-5 of em off, but I fucked up one socket wrench, and 2 sockets already. I started with a 14 mm, 12 point, but I switched to a 14 mm, 6 point. Is this right?

So far I've broken 4 tools on these damn bolts. Whats a good way to take em off!!?

Comment

you should loosen them all first before removing. This prevents excess pressure build up and less chance of warping any metal. You migh have to go around more than once to equalize the pressure. There is a certain order of doing it. This is what the service manual dictates. Use a long breaker bar with a 6pt socket not socket wrenches.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Well, I'm using a socket wrench, with a pipe on the end as a breaker bar, which should work fine, but I guess I must be using cheapy sockets or something, I bent like 3 of em. I've never had a problem with these sockets before.

I might just go grab an impact from somebody and use that. I threw all the sockets I bent down the street cause I was so pissed, so I think it is time for an impact, lol.

Comment

make sure the socket is pependicular and flush to the head bolts at all times
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If you're breaking tools, you're probably using 3/8" drive tools.

Switch to 1/2" drive socket and get an extension with a ratchet. Use the longest cheater bar you can find and go at it.

They will come out, with enough force. And your tools won't break.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Use 1/2" drive sockets and 6pt 14mm only! Use a 1/2" breaker bar with this combo to break them loose. Also make sure the 14mm 6pt socket corners are not worn out excessively, otherwise it will round off screw/bolt heads.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

dont use an impact gun unless you LIKE trying to get bolts out with rounded heads.

Comment

Working...
                X