Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The importance of an IAB controller!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The importance of an IAB controller!!!!!!!!!

For all of you who have your secondaries controlled directly with a vacuum line: I took a long piece of tube and watched my secondaries as I was driving, and direct vacuum controlled is definitely robbing you of power unless you're WOT all the time......check these out.

Video 1

video 2 - shows valves a little better

I had the valves opening all the way on moderate acceleration in 2nd and 3rd as low as 2000rpm-redline. My deduction is that hooking the controller directly to the manifold will make your bottom end suffer because you don't have good flow velocity to mix the fuel up well.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Didnt know it made a big difference. I thought my launches were fast before, maybe with the iab controller il shit my pants

Comment

Nice experiment.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Been sayin it all along too! Blipping the throttle, where you are usually asking for quick torque, will open them and cripple you. It's ok as a temporary band-aid, but I don't recommend leaving it that way.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

I do mine either way lol. I need to chip my p28 for IAB haha. After all its just a jumper wire on the board as I recall.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

DAm iab is a pain in my ass trying to get it to work on my F20b in my bb6 with a po6 chipped. GRrrr
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

yea its true you loose bottom end, i ran mine both ways without the iab and with.....its much better with.

i actually had some fun. i hooked up the iAB to the box and had the wires going to a switch. so normally it runs closed.....haha i hit the switch and it opens....so i kinda time it when i want to fuk around and i actually turn the switch off at like 3k....makes a kind of vtec sound =).

im glad i found a box that works and not broken =)
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

On my red accord project I have a H23 intake manifold with IAB, however it's hooked up via vacuum line. I also have a 3" short ram intake, bored 67-64mm H23 TB, ported F22ax SOHC head, Delta 272 cam, Kamikaze header, 2.5" exhaust.

Anyhow, my torque band is 4000-7000 rpm. My peak torque is at 5100 rpm @ 127 lb-ft WTQ. My peak HP is 152 WHP @ 6600 rpm.

I have always wondered if I could improve pre-4000 rpm torque by implementing ECU IAB control, however, it is no longer a stock engine, therefore I think a MSD RPM activation module is a better idea, but I'd have to play on the dyno with where is the optimal setting. All this costs more money and I'm content where I'm at, even though I do have a IAB functional chipped P06 ECU.

Click link in my sig below for 2-4th gear pull in this car and dyno graphs.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

would it rob more low end power if ....i leave it not connected(open) or leave it connect to the IM directly(my current setup) no iab box? have not found an working IAB box yet...
                  And how would this effect when turbo? having working IAB or not connected or remove the IAB, which will get better low end performance?
                  90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                  < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    I do mine either way lol. I need to chip my p28 for IAB haha. After all its just a jumper wire on the board as I recall.
                    same here if mine isnt already

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                    1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread
                    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I really noticed a difference too when mine were stuck open...much better response

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

it sucks below 4000 when I drive because I dont feel much. But after that it happens. But do you know about what percent throttle you were at before they started to open?

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by blazen_accord
                          would it rob more low end power if ....i leave it not connected(open) or leave it connect to the IM directly(my current setup) no iab box? have not found an working IAB box yet...
                          And how would this effect when turbo? having working IAB or not connected or remove the IAB, which will get better low end performance?
                          Leave it connected so you will get a little operation out of it....if you just unplug the vacuum line, they'll always be open and bottom end will suffer because of low intake air flow velocity to complete a good fuel mixture/swirl when it enters the chamber.

Oh and for a turbo, probably remove the secondary valves altogether because boost is going to force the air in there regardless and create a good flow.
                          My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                            But do you know about what percent throttle you were at before they started to open?
                            They will come open between 1/4 - 1/2 throttle above 1500 rpms usually. Any abrupt increase in the throttle (even though rpm's only change ~400 in same gear) will make them pop open also. I definitely don't want them opening that soon!

I can't wait to get my H23 IM installed over Christmas to see the difference it makes!
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I'm still new to the H23 on the F22 and all so I'm still learning. What I'm understanding is that for the secondary butterflies to open at a proper time, it's got to be hooked up to the IAB which needs to be wired into a chipped ECU?

Comment

Working...
                              X