High Rev Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Rev Build

I'm working up a plan for a really high rev build (9-11k) would be sweet. Dunno if thats even really possible. My goals are:
    1.) High rev (9k redline idle)
    2.) Very fast engine response
    3.) 175-200 whp all motor

The list of modifications I could think of:
    1.) Valves and springs (obvious)
    2.) Port and polish (side note: could anyone describe the purpose of this)
    3.) Lightweight flywheel
    4.) Underdrive pulley
    5.) Balanced crank
    6.) H23 intake
    7.) Bigger injectors/fuel pump

Anything I'm missing...and is this unrealistc?

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Whats the base motor...IF your looking for something with the F read ciscos build.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

dohc f20b swap then upgrade valve springs and retainers and cam bam there ya go lol the bottom end will easily handle 9k revs, hell starkrice revs hist f20b to 8700 all the time lol and its bone stock

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM
        dohc f20b swap then upgrade valve springs and retainers and cam bam there ya go lol the bottom end will easily handle 9k revs, hell starkrice revs hist f20b to 8700 all the time lol and its bone stock
        Stock h22 bottom end should hold 9k as well.. its the top half you have to worry about lol.

Comment

port and polish is the purpose of getting better flow through your motor. the porting is making the ports bigger and matching them up so the air/fuel flows through them more easily, the polishing takes out bumps and rough bits smoothing the area out so the air/fuel goes through with a lower amount of drag

Click here to see my ride!

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            Whats the base motor...IF your looking for something with the F read ciscos build.
            Planning doing it off an F22, because I have a spare block and head sitting around. But if thats stupid I could sell that/trade for something better.

Comment

9k on a F22, I like
              wat?

Comment

you want all your parts as light as possible,

you want to get the crank knife edged, the lightest pulleys with few pulleys as possible.

you want some forged gas vented pistons with some verry light but strong connecting rods, you do not want a bigger bore.

an h22 bottom end is great for high revs because of the short distance the piston travels causing less stress on the bottom end.

a different cam and different timing gear. but with a 9-11 rpm revv you will have no power from 1rpm- about 5,000 rpm's they will pretty much be useless.

realize for that you'll need a h22 short geared tranny to keep you in the high revs..

you'll also need alot of money when the rings go..
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

A shorter stroke will help you out too, you could utilize the F20B like stated above or an F20A DOHC or SOHC, all have the 88 mm stroke.

Comment

If it were me, I'd go with an f20a/b bottom end. I'm not sure how different the head is from our f22 heads, but if it's different, then use an f22a head.

Do all the head modifications listed, plus add a groovy cam.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

exzactly the f20 is a great motor to rev high.. because of the shorter stroke, the 95mm crank of the f22 is going to cause a whole lot of pressure on the cylinder walls at that high speed rev and could cause a busted sleeve when the rings go.
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

dont mean to thread jack but is a knife edged crank ok for daily driver
                        U dont work U dont eat
                        U dont grind Udont shine
                        1st car 90 CB7 lx auto coupe
                        present car 90 CB7 ex clutch coupe
                        1st motor f22a1 2nd motor f22a4 present motor JDM H22a with m2b4 trans

Comment

Gotcha...so F20A/B bottom and F22 Head. I want to stick with SOHC non vtec N.A. Thats that goal. I've also heard rumors of people putting K24 *I think* Pistons in F22 blocks? Am I crazy? Also, cryo-treating...purpose? I've heard of it...but not why you would do it?

Comment

cryo treating metal.. especially on an engine build, would basicly be like insurance. It will make what ever u cryogenically treated alot stronger, therefore less wear and tear, and would be able to handle higher abuse(dents,dings, scratches.. and most of all extreme heat)
                            -:¦:-
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by dan21
                              dont mean to thread jack but is a knife edged crank ok for daily driver
                              Its not needed. Personally I wouldnt do it for a DD. For a track car it would be different. Another thing is a lot of hondas are capable of running that high on a stock crank anyway.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X