This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diy:request On Replacing O2 Sensor

Never Done It Obviously And Want To Do It Right My First Time,advice On What To Do N Not To Do....
    Taking it one day at a time since my cb got stolen and stripped of my mods..

Picking up a repair manual for your car sounds like it might be a good investment. I go for a Haynes, Better diagrams than a Chiltons.

As for replacing the sensor, As long as you have a repair manual, and the correct socket or offset wrench, Its as simple as talking a bolt out, only this bolt is $50 and has a plug-in. haha.

Just make sure you get the the sensor thats for your trim model. Lx and Ex have opposite plugs.

Good Luck!
    -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
    newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
    newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
    newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

since you're 90-91 with no sun roof I'm assuming you're a dx/lx, so the o2 will be on the upper portion of your header viewable from the engine bay.

Unplug the o2 sensor from the connector.
      Go and rent/buy an o2 sensor socket as you cant remove it without this if your heatshield is still on. I would spray some WD40 or PB Blaster over it before you attempt to remove it, it can be seized up.
      Put the o2 sensor socket over the o2 sensor and just remove it.

Simple, make sure to get the NTK(the o2 sensor division of NGK which is oem), bosch and other ones are crap.

Be sure to not drop the new o2 sensor and put some anti-seize on the threading when you put it in.

to clear any code*optional
      -Reset the ecu by removing the back up fuse and ecu fuse in the fuse box.
      Last edited by ikayto; 07-30-2008, 03:26 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=ikayto;1587732]Simple, make sure to get the NTK(the o2 sensor division of NGK which is oem), bosch and other ones are crap.

Be sure to not drop the new o2 sensor and put some anti-seize on the threading when you put it in.

QUOTE]

are they spendy?
        91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

[QUOTE=91-accord;1587734]
          Originally posted by ikayto View Post
          Simple, make sure to get the NTK(the o2 sensor division of NGK which is oem), bosch and other ones are crap.

QUOTE]

are they spendy?
          no

buy from www.clubplug.net

only about 50 shipped? Use the coupon code clubmember for 5% off. 24172 is the part number

I know oem is like $180 but they're just basically NGK, and people in the past have been running NGK ones not from Honda perfectly fine. I have one in my car and it's working flawlessly.

Autozone/Kragen and other stop and go car part store should have the socket for rental or for purchase. Even then the sockets shouldnt cost more than $12-14 bucks.
          Last edited by ikayto; 07-30-2008, 03:36 AM.

Comment

stay away from bosh just about every one has had bad luck with them
            from what I know I am about the only one around here that has had any luck with them......
            WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

so go with the ngk type right?,and rent a socket from parts store,just got the manual so it will help,and aiit then ima do it ..thanx
              Taking it one day at a time since my cb got stolen and stripped of my mods..

Comment

hmmm..my $50 Bosch has been working fine for over a year of hard abuse
                But I'm switching to the A4 manifold.

Dureing wireing, are both the solid black wires the same or what?
                I assume the Green and White are the same
                Your man for wiring solutions!
                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
                  hmmm..my $50 Bosch has been working fine for over a year of hard abuse
                  But I'm switching to the A4 manifold.

Dureing wireing, are both the solid black wires the same or what?
                  I assume the Green and White are the same
                  The great thing with NGK is that the sensor comes with a socket to just plug and play.

You are part of a small population that has had a good experience with bosch.

The black ones are just grounds and the white is the signal wire I believe as it's double shielded, it has metal strands around another insulated wire where the actual signal wire is.

Comment

Working...
                  X