This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diy request for deletting emissions

Just as it states I need a DIY for this. Or if its a link could somebody post it i tried searching and couldn't find anything really. Any help would be greatll appreciated.

STANCE|WORKS

Anybody come on now I know a lot of you have done this.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

like wut would you like to delete the egr? cuz all you need is a block off plate from a 05-10 civic si they are like 15$ from honda
      back at it again

Comment

The reason you aren't getting many responses is the fact that anyone with common sense leaves all emission equipment untouched. Honda engineers put in incredible amounts of effort and research to make their cars environmentally friendly. I would know; I'm a Chemical Engineer currently working in Japan.

Replacing the catalytic converter with a straight pipe will not only make your exhaust stink, but will drastically increase the amount of NOx, CO, and hydrocarbons (pollutants) you send to the air. CO, just to let you know, is poisonous gas.

Blocking off the EGR will also increase those same three pollutants. However, because it has been engineered to work harmoniously with the engine, it may have some adverse effects in operation. You can't simply lop off critical components and expect everything to work properly.

Eventually, someone will give you the information you want. I'm just making sure you realize what you're effectively doing first.
        Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
        2005 Acura TSX 6MT
        2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
          The reason you aren't getting many responses is the fact that anyone with common sense leaves all emission equipment untouched. Honda engineers put in incredible amounts of effort and research to make their cars environmentally friendly. I would know; I'm a Chemical Engineer currently working in Japan.

Replacing the catalytic converter with a straight pipe will not only make your exhaust stink, but will drastically increase the amount of NOx, CO, and hydrocarbons (pollutants) you send to the air. CO, just to let you know, is poisonous gas.

Blocking off the EGR will also increase those same three pollutants. However, because it has been engineered to work harmoniously with the engine, it may have some adverse effects in operation. You can't simply lop off critical components and expect everything to work properly.

Eventually, someone will give you the information you want. I'm just making sure you realize what you're effectively doing first.
          very true
          back at it again

Comment

Not to mention the EGR system keeps internal temps down.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
            Traded with: Cb7xChun
            Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
            Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
            My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Power wise it doesnt do much. I have my EGR Blocked off and all the emissions in the black box minus the maf sensor. But i also have a chipped ecu so that i wouldnt get any codes. But its just mainly to clean up the engine bay.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Are you not in Rutherford county anymore?

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Im still in Rutherford county. But emissions are so easy to get by.

And I know it doesn't make you go faster lol. Im just trying to clean up the bay and its in my way lol.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

from what i've seen and heard, most people throw everything, but the map sensor (inside black box) in the trash and cap off the hoses. i guess it's a matter of relocating the map sensor. later.
                    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                    X