Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DIY installing a Short Shift for 5spd?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any DIY installing a Short Shift for 5spd?

I've searched and can't find the actual forum or sticky for Installing a Short Shift for our 5sp cords. Can anyone send me a link or PM it to me? I'd appreciate it!

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=short

Comment

lol...thanks! But isn't this the adaptor?...i meant the actual metal stick...unless this is it. Thanks anyway bro.

*Needs*
      -New shocks
      -Struts
      -Drop
      -Cleaning
      -New Tires/Wheels
      -New Window Tint
      -Alot more lovin'

Comment

ya it is an adapter, but it works great for being like 3.50 haha. but i havent seemed to have any problems with it.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
        New people click here

Comment

you can check out this thread: yeamans17's short shifter service

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=39778

you will need to take the top plate and put it underneath the main plate in order for the shift linkage to clear the center console...u will know what I mean when you take everything apart.

You will also need three 1"long bolts...i forgot the thread...pm yeamans17 he'll let u know.

have fun:

here r some of my install pix:

DEVOTE

Comment

THANKS! i'll PM the guy soon...and lol im lovin that -easy- button...plus, the 3rd pic with only the knob and that metal was what i was referring to...I only need THAT to get it shorter for shifting right?? if not then nvm...

*Needs*
            -New shocks
            -Struts
            -Drop
            -Cleaning
            -New Tires/Wheels
            -New Window Tint
            -Alot more lovin'

Comment

yeap, my shifter is the STOCK length short throw one, I didn't want to shorten the shifter that would probably make the car a lot harder to drive. This mod is definitely one of my favorites...makes the shifting very very precise and very easy.

Caution: when shifting with a short throw shifter, you have to consciously shift the gears slower...look at it this way...the short throw shifter will shorten the throw by about 50%, which means if you shift at the same speed as with the regular throw shifter, you will be shifting twice as fast. This will put extra stress on your gear box, read powershifting when racing, you don't want to do this. What you have to do is maintain the same gear shift time period as the original throw shifter, this means you will have to move your shifter lever twice as slow.

after you realize this the shifting will become very easy and very very smooth, and u won't experience the notchy shifting that some experience. This notchy feeling occurs when you try to switch gears too fast and you try to force the gear shift.

but when u want to race...giver!

have fun
              DEVOTE

Comment

hey , but lokuptha, did you install the corsport aluminum bushings that "olock13bt" found in this thread: https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/node/64134?

i have a yeamans short shifter too that i haven't had the guts to install cuz its so flippin' cold out....i got those bushings too, so interested to hear what others think of them

and back to original topic, if lokuptha's very helpful pics aren't sufficient, i plan to do a full DIY once i install mine....it's time to contribute something useful to this site
                1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

Originally posted by qbodsyt
                  hey , but lokuptha, did you install the corsport aluminum bushings that "olock13bt" found in this thread: https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/node/64134?

nope didn't use them...you can if you want to, adding these will remove any play in the shift linkage, which will greatly improve the precision of the shifter, but this might send through the gear lever unwanted engine vibrations.

you can also use bronze bushings from ur local hardware stores.
                  DEVOTE

Comment

so Lokuputha...what brand is this thower? (if there is any brand) and how much was it?...me and my cuz can't find one for my 91 on ebay. And yeah i know what you meant on the -getting use to it- part...i drove my cousins civic stock when he first got it...and just last week he let me test drive it..and THIS is when i wanted to find out about finding one and how to install it myself. And THANKS qbodsyt for doing so,and i highly appreciate it so far putha lol
                    Last edited by Djmoua; 02-28-2007, 02:13 PM.

*Needs*
                    -New shocks
                    -Struts
                    -Drop
                    -Cleaning
                    -New Tires/Wheels
                    -New Window Tint
                    -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
                      so Lokuputha...what brand is this thower? (if there is any brand) and how much was it?...me and my cuz can't find one for my 91 on ebay. And yeah i know what you meant on the -getting use to it- part...i drove my cousins civic stock when he first got it...and just last week he let me test drive it..and THIS is when i wanted to find out about finding one and how to install it myself. And THANKS qbodsyt for doing so,and i highly appreciate it so far putha lol

you can check out this thread: yeamans17's short shifter service

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=39778
                      DEVOTE

Comment

they dont make a short shifter for the 90-93 accords but i would suggest yemans like everyone else i plan on getting one soon
                        visit www.fourgasm-motorsports.com
                        For sale-Brand new stock f22a clutch and also have stock flywheel pm for details or prices

Comment

Ooo no wonder i couldn't find them on ebay...how ***...are we not special enough to have short shift? haha, but yeah read yeamans thread and PMed him about it already so THANKS guys.

*Needs*
                          -New shocks
                          -Struts
                          -Drop
                          -Cleaning
                          -New Tires/Wheels
                          -New Window Tint
                          -Alot more lovin'

Comment

so, if i get one of those easy buttons then a short shifter will magically install its elf in my car? hmmm.... what else can the easy button do? and where can i get one?
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
                            Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
                            Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
                            04 WRX stg 2 sedan
                            Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by myk
                              so, if i get one of those easy buttons then a short shifter will magically install its elf in my car? hmmm.... what else can the easy button do? and where can i get one?

haha...it also talks...says," That was easy!"

if u want one...u can get it from here...www.staples.ca, just search "easy button"

if they don't ship to US...let me know i can get one and ship it out for u...just pay for the button and shipping, should be like 15USD
                              DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                              X