EXT. Sidemarker wiring the easy way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT. Sidemarker wiring the easy way

For those that are wondering how to wire up side marker lights without cutting a part of the blinker harness or buying an the stupid harness from passwordjdm here is an easy way. I figured this after using jsinger's thread on how wire them up doing his method and failing big time, and seeing my friends sidemarker fizzying out from cutting their harness.

Total cost for everything minus the sidemarker lights about $5

Items needed.
    Wire 16 or 18 gauge
    spade connectors
    Wire crimper
    wire connectors
    Electrical tape

1. Buy a pack of connectors like this.

2.Using the wire crimper to crimp the connector

3.Then unplug the blinker light from the corner light and plug in the sidemarker light into the blinker harness like so

4. Turn your lights on and say to yourself that was easy.

Let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by Darkcloud; 07-05-2009, 07:31 PM.
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

quick & easy=a great DIY

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

so would the blinker removed no longer be in function?

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

If installing sidemarker lights then yes the blinker in the corner light itself would be inoperative, I did it this way to prevent cutting into the light harness. But if you want you can cut and splice into the harness if you want to retain the blinker in the corner light to run both the sidemarker lights and corner light blinkers at the same time.

This is mostly for people who have jdm lights and want to add sidemarkers without cutting into the light harness
        Last edited by Darkcloud; 08-25-2009, 04:52 PM.
        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
          If installing sidemarker lights then yes the blinker in the corner light itself would be inoperative, I did it this way to prevent cutting into the light harness. But if you want you can cut and splice into the harness if you want to retain the blinker in the corner light to run both the sidemarker lights and corner light blinkers at the same time.

This mostly for people who jdm lights and want to add sidemarkers without cutting into the light harness
          right thanx for the response

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

I did this in the beginning until i got the connectors.

I blacktaped and shrink wrapped the wiring to keep it safe from weathering and to look a bit cleaner.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Working...
            X