No announcement yet.

EXT: Custom LED parking lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just read on the website of that led place that is says, and i quote "Do not use LED bulbs in the same housing with head lamps, the heat will cause them to fail quickly"
    Seattle Silver crew #5
    Member of the Midwest Car Club.
    ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Originally posted by sm1ke
      nice idea, i like it, but i'm gonna try a variation of what you originally did Michalob.

my alarm system uses an LED to indicate that it is active, ie. it blinks continuously to show that the alarm has been set. what i wanna do is mount an LED in each corner lamp and wire it to blink in unison with the alarm LED inside my car. would that be fairly easy to do? i'd just have to splice into the wire leading to the LED, right? also, say if i didn't want my corners to be blinking one night for some reason, would i be able to wire up a switch that would let me toggle whether they would blink or not? without cutting off the blinking to the original alarm LED of course. sorry about all the questions, i didn't pay very much attention in my Electronics class when i was in high school, just enough to get the credit

Nice idea acually. if ya do this id go with ChIoVnIdCa's idea and stay with normal amber looking LED's. just so the cops will stay off your ass. i dont need anyone of ya's getting pulled over. if ya do hook it up to the alarm. awesome man. i think it would be quite simple and a great idea! just splice into that one led. the switch would be easy to hook up also because its like right there too.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Originally posted by desolate
        i just read on the website of that led place that is says, and i quote "Do not use LED bulbs in the same housing with head lamps, the heat will cause them to fail quickly"
        well that kinda blows to hear. but ehh i doubt it does that much being that i have them in the high beam area and i barely have the high beams on anymore.. so far so good i guess thats all i can say.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

i think i'm gonna do this when i find the time and when it warms up some more around here. school > car at the moment lol
          1991 Accord LX - R.I.P. you are missed..

1999 Accord EX-V6
          [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

I think this link will be useful to the thread:
            http://www.lsdiodes.com/
            (thanks HAccord!)
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

just bought a few LEDs from the site. thanks pwrusr

1999 Accord EX-V6
              [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

let me know how long it takes to get them and how well they are packed
                I'm probably going to order from them in a few weeks as well
                ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                  Make sure when you buy the LED that the "mcd" (I believe that's what it's called?) is pretty high. The higher the brighter. I believe the ones from radio shack are over 1,000mcd.
                  i know im responding to an old post, but 1000mcd is pretty dim. if you can wait, you should grab the LEDs from here: http://www.lsdiodes.com/5mm/ its a TON cheaper than radio shack, even after you pay for shipping. plus if you wanna go with a white one, they have 12,000mcd ones

edit: i just realized haccord and pwrusr already figured that out ive done tons of business with the guys on that site, they are really cool.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                    i know im responding to an old post, but 1000mcd is pretty dim. if you can wait, you should grab the LEDs from here: http://www.lsdiodes.com/5mm/ its a TON cheaper than radio shack, even after you pay for shipping. plus if you wanna go with a white one, they have 12,000mcd ones

edit: i just realized haccord and pwrusr already figured that out ive done tons of business with the guys on that site, they are really cool.
                    Thanks Mike! I'll be getting a few LEDs from them for sure now
                    ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by 90_accord_dx
                      awesome, yeah I wouldnt use blue, prlly amber to match the corners
                      true or super white or something...hehe

Comment

yeah i just ordered Amber LED's, so hopefuly everything goes good for me.
                        Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

make sure to post those ambers up with pics. i really curious on how they will look.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

ordered 6 amber LED's from lsdiodes.com, cost me $6.70 US, shipping and insurance included. got them in 9 days (USPS), but only because I live in Canada. they were packaged pretty well, the LEDs were put in to a small bag, then they wrapped the LED bag with the invoice, and then wrapped that in 2 sheets of bubble wrap. all of that went into a padded manila envelope. detailed, eh? awesome people to do business with.

1999 Accord EX-V6

Comment

Originally posted by Michalob
                              make sure to post those ambers up with pics. i really curious on how they will look.
                              yeah so am i, i hope they match the amber corners
                              Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Damn ricers! lol

Sure is nice to live in canada and have DRL's come with the car
                                COLBALT CB7 2NER # ?

Winnipeg HAVOC Member: kNate

Comment

Working...
                                X