Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muhammedmian
    replied
    I finally threw it in today. It's held up with some zip ties, very bright stuff!

The switch is actually more convenient than the led always on when popping trunk. I don't want everyone to see what goodies are iN my trunk...

If anyone wants to see what it looks like:

Leave a comment:

• muhammedmian
    replied
    That's not a bad idea. I was thinking of grounding it on the chasis?

Here's something offtopic but too silly to create a thread. What is the best way to change the glovebox bulb? Everytime I try, it feels like trying to tie a knot with two grains of rice... in the dark!

Edit: does it matter where you tap into these wires? Tried the switching, didnt light up at all. I tried the chasis, it stayed lit...
    Last edited by muhammedmian; 02-23-2015, 07:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cp[mike]
    replied
    this might sound silly, but the only thing i can suggest is try reversing the two wires.

Leave a comment:

• muhammedmian
    replied
    I guess I have to put a switch on that bitch. :-(

Leave a comment:

• cp[mike]
    replied
    if it is a "12volt" LED strip, then it doesn't need resistors. really not sure what to suggest...

Leave a comment:

• muhammedmian
    replied
    My original light works fine and there is no difference in brightness whether or not the trunk is open. I know I tapped into the right wires because I triple checked lol. Do you think it has to do with resistors?

Leave a comment:

• cp[mike]
    replied
    hmm do they stay ON full brightness? Or do they get much dimmer?

If they are staying ON completely, you might have tapped into the wrong wires. Or the latch is messed up. Did you original light work fine?

Leave a comment:

• muhammedmian
    replied
    Hey Mike, maybe you can point me in the right direction here.

I wired up my 60 LED 5050smd strip to the wires going to the trunk light but now the leds are on when the trunk is closed :-(

Since you're the light king, what do/should I do? Something with a resistor?

Leave a comment:

• BreckAConner
    replied
    I've always thought about doing something like this. I'm happy to see a DIY for it. Nice Job!

Leave a comment:

• muhammedmian
    replied
    Awesome, thanks a lot man. I'll give it another shot tomorrow in the sun when it doesnt feel like it's -10 degrees out.

Since Radioshack is closing nearly half of it's stores, I bought a couple of their LED strips that I've been eyeing for a while now. I got them for $10 a piece so I'm going to stick one in my trunk.

Thanks for the help mike.

Leave a comment:

• cp[mike]
    replied
    thanks for the reminder, I was planning on visiting the yard soon and I knew there was something I was forgetting I wanted to get.

Originally posted by muhammedmian View Post
    I'm resurrecting this nearly five year old thread for a stupid question.

Why can't I find this trunk harness? I've looked everywhere
    It's behind the paneling, near the rear strut tower. Pretty sure on the driver side. It might be easiest to fold the rear seat down, and remove the plastic side panel to reveal the strut tower.
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 02-17-2015, 09:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• muhammedmian
    replied
    I'm resurrecting this nearly five year old thread for a stupid question.

Why can't I find this trunk harness? I've looked everywhere

Leave a comment:

• TEXAS_CB7_25
    replied
    Bad ass I just found my next mini project to start on lol.. Thanx

Leave a comment:

• excalibur02
    replied
    Just noticed I got some good reps from this diy

Thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• JTEK24