No announcement yet.

EXT: Bumper "fog light" Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So why not use Relays and get it over with, I've been doing these since 96, It's nothing new. Two relays one for each side and that's it, done.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

use civic bulb sockets. its keeps the bulbs on constantly when your lites are on but will blink with your turn signal.
      cb7 sold
      2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
      95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordDx
        use civic bulb sockets. its keeps the bulbs on constantly when your lites are on but will blink with your turn signal.
        lol why would you eve do that? You can use one relay per side and still keep the same bulb and it will flash and stay steady burn.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Thats what im doing for the lower lights..the corners are using CRX units
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I just used the 87 Accord Socket...since its designed for 1157's I've had no melting problems...I'm just not knowledgeable enough with relays to do any of that, and this was just signal to signal, red to corner and black to black...simple as can be...I just wanted to have the look of lower bumper lights that were still functional...just to look a little different than stock...although I'm probably gonna switch em back soon...worried about getting in trouble for 6 forward facing lights...

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
              I just used the 87 Accord Socket...since its designed for 1157's I've had no melting problems...I'm just not knowledgeable enough with relays to do any of that, and this was just signal to signal, red to corner and black to black...simple as can be...I just wanted to have the look of lower bumper lights that were still functional...just to look a little different than stock...although I'm probably gonna switch em back soon...worried about getting in trouble for 6 forward facing lights...
              Thats the thing about living in Massachusetts....they suck. I just dont know the regulations on the JDM motors Im real serious about a swap in another year or two.

Cpmike you car has really inspired me man..i will not toss my car after all.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

i like mine...

if u fuked up one side just run a line from the other side =)
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
                  lol why would you eve do that? You can use one relay per side and still keep the same bulb and it will flash and stay steady burn.
                  well its a double filament bulb so this way it wont melt the plastic housing
                  cb7 sold
                  2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                  95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

well its a double filament bulb so this way it wont melt the plastic housing
                    That's not the point. Its just not necessary to use a double-filament bulb!

Comment

i used dual filament cause i wanted it on dim during night and when i signal i wanted it high
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                        i used dual filament cause i wanted it on dim during night and when i signal i wanted it high
                        If its' dim then what's the point? It thought the whole point of this mod was to make them into "driving lights".

Comment

I thought initially with my car it might throw some light, but as soon as I put it on the car I realized it doesn't do much because the lights don't project because of the design of the housing...So in reality they're just like city lights...for show...but I don't mind, I like how they look pretty much, they're not as hyperwhite as I thought they would be, but that could just be my bulb choice...I just felt the socket change was a very simple way to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                            I thought initially with my car it might throw some light, but as soon as I put it on the car I realized it doesn't do much because the lights don't project because of the design of the housing...So in reality they're just like city lights...for show...but I don't mind, I like how they look pretty much, they're not as hyperwhite as I thought they would be, but that could just be my bulb choice...I just felt the socket change was a very simple way to do it...
                            Well then that makes sense

Comment

I used to have clear bumper lense and a hyperwhite bulb that matched my headlights. They look like fog lights if you set it to stay on when you have your lights turned on. It used to blind people. I live in central California and the 5-0's here are dicks. Ive gotten 3 fix-it tickets. Then I put the amber lense back on. They looked great at night. I also used an orange/amber bulb. It made it look even more amber, especially at night. 5-0's didnt bother me anymore after that.

That reminds me, I need to modify my new cb7 bumper lights.
                              Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
                              *RIP*
                              1993 Accord EX Coupe
                              1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
                              1993 Accord EX Coupe
                              Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
                              JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
                              I love it when VTEC kicks in!
                              vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

Originally posted by Importkitz
                                I used to have clear bumper lense and a hyperwhite bulb that matched my headlights. They look like fog lights if you set it to stay on when you have your lights turned on. It used to blind people. I live in central California and the 5-0's here are dicks. Ive gotten 3 fix-it tickets. Then I put the amber lense back on. They looked great at night. I also used an orange/amber bulb. It made it look even more amber, especially at night. 5-0's didnt bother me anymore after that.

That reminds me, I need to modify my new cb7 bumper lights.
                                where in central do you live, cops are dicks here! haha...

i didnt wnat to make my bumpers driving lights cause they realyl didnt emit much light, plus i like the dim look...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                                X