X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90blueCb7
    replied
    Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
    Holy crap. You resurrected a 7 year old thread.
    Haha yea well I don't wanna be told to "search" as I have been reading for days on multiple sites and can't find an easy solution...

Relays and splicing and all that stuff don't make sense.. My three wire socket should work... But it's not.. I'm at a loss atm

Leave a comment:

• dysfunk
    replied
    Holy crap. You resurrected a 7 year old thread.

Leave a comment:

• 90blueCb7
    replied
    I did this mod on my 90 accord with two brake sockets, ran wire to corner running light, took 10 mins worked great, no hyperblink.

But now on my 93, I can only get it to either blink, or stay on... No matter which power wire or blinker wire I attach to the third wire on my socket it won't work... Any suggestions? Is there something special abou the 92-95 civic corner sockets??

Leave a comment:

• CB7.v2
    replied
    ** i know this is an old subject, but i was following a link from a current thread...**

go buy a 3wire-to-2wire universal trailer hitch module. no dual filament bulbs or sockets; use the stock stuff you already have! on one side of the module, it accepts the individual signals and parking lights coming from the car. on the other side, it has a single wire going to each of the bulbs. there might be a ground on one or both sides. basically all you do is cut one wire (probe with test light for positive wire; do not cut the negative wire) of the stock wire pairs and then wire in this module. however, the module is like $15.

Leave a comment:

• blamethepunx
    replied
    i used an H1 bulb and drilled a hole in the back of the bumperlight housing, ran the H1's thru a switch in my interior to my battery. bright as hell, didnt melt anything, and i could turn them on and off at will. unfortunately i dont have any pics of them as i got a new bumper/bumperlights and i feel bad if i drill holes in my JDM bumperlights, but it worked very well

Leave a comment:

• Importkitz
    replied
    Originally posted by valent|n0
    how about adding a pig tail bulb in the bumper light?
    is it gonna melt the housing ?

check this out
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=6474
    did you read that post? someone already answered that question.

Leave a comment:

• trboaccord
    replied
    I Converted my bumper lights to come on with the corner lights, but they don't blink. I just used the stock harness and put single filament amber bulbs in. I think they are number 2057?. A ll i did was clip the original power wire to the harness, and ran a wire from my corner bulb that is always on, and attached that to the harness where the other wire was. I will post some pictures when i get home, hopefully tonight or tomorrow.
    My "fogs" are quite bright for being just a single filament blinker bulb. I haven't run into any problem with melting the housing, mostly because these kind of bulbs dont get all that hot.

I did do a test with using headlight bulbs in the bumper housing, and i got them to work real nicely, but they Do melt the housing, so one solution i found that worked was to put metal on the top and bottom of the housing around the bulb. that way the heat is reflected off of ther metal and not the plastic.

Leave a comment:

• valent|n0
    replied
    how about adding a pig tail bulb in the bumper light?
    is it gonna melt the housing ?

check this out
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=6474

Leave a comment:

• CB7Tuner915
    replied

Mine came out pretty nice

Leave a comment:

• Importkitz
    replied
    1157 harness/socket and bulb

I used the harness from my old tail lights. I melted a small tab off to make it fit correctly.

1157 harness/socket has 3 wires:

ground, 6v, 12v

Wires to stock bumper lense:

ground, 12v

Wires to inner-corner lights (the one that does not blink):

ground, 6v

All I did was tap the inner-corner 6v line to the 1157 6v line. The stock line still gets 12v so it will not blink fast. I kept my amber bumper lense on and used an amber tinted bulb. I do not suggest this method for people who are going to use hyperwhite bulbs with clear bumper lenses. The 6v output is dim and you will not like the results.

Leave a comment:

• Indecided
    replied
    okay..found the solution. while searching the net for hyperblinkers and information about it, i came across this site by Cyrogen97 which utilizes a more linear and well, logical solution to keeping the bumper lights blinking for single fillament bulbs. very useful..now i've just got to rewire EVERYTHING again. sigh.
    Last edited by Indecided; 04-21-2004, 08:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Indecided
    replied
    um..yep, i've a 4th gen asian variant..SINGLE filament.. not JDM... and well I never saw how it could work.. but anyways i said, what's the harm.. So i tried.

blew two 20A fuses and after that, gave up and hardwired the bumper lenses to the parking lights.

Side effect? Hyperblinkers and now I won't know when a light blows (hyperblinkers..) but i have a hunch, by putting a resistance load accross the now-empty bumper light sockets (to emulate a load) might kill the hyperblinkers. anybody have any experience with this?

Leave a comment:

• WiKKeDV16
    replied
    heres a pic of them.. but meh.. i have them off. lol.. there getting a lil hot so.. i need to move them farther back..

P.S excuse the foot action
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• WiKKeDV16
    replied
    meh.. lol.. well.. w.e came with the shitty apc fogs that my sisters accord had before is whats in there now..

check out the fucking beamage from them alone
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• blamethepunx
    replied
    i put H1's in my bumperlights, havent melted yet either

Leave a comment:

Working...
X